Ice Skating

Alec looked cautiously at Magnus. “Are you sure this is a good idea?” he asked again. Magnus laughed, “Your nervousness is adorable. But come on Alec, you’ve been in more dangerous situations. A little ice skating isn’t going to kill you.” He laughed. Alec rolled his eyes, strapping the shoes on. He stood up, wrapping his arms around himself. Despite his thick coat, he was still freezing. Tentatively, Alec put one foot on the ice. He was shocked by how slippery it was. Even with his shadowhunter balancing abilities, he still slipped a bit. Magnus put his hand in his. “I’m sure you’ll be an expert on this in like ten minutes, but for now, just take it easy and take my hand.” He said. Alec blushed, tipping his face down to bury his chin in his coat.

But he held on tightly, going around the edge of the rink, Magnus carefully guiding him. Like Magnus had said, he found his niche on the ice pretty quickly, and he was soon able to skate around just as fast as Magnus was – even at times, better. And he’d enjoyed himself.

Alec shivered a little, his hands warming on the cup in front of him. Magnus laughed, stripping his jacket off and laying it on the back of the chair. “You’re still cold? Unbelievable?” He muttered, his hand idly stroking across the rune on the back of Alec’s hand. “Of course I’m still cold.” He mumbled, “I’m amazed you’re not.” Magnus chuckled again, as Alec hastily began dropping sugar cubes in his coffee. “Honey, I’ve been everywhere on this earth, to the cold and even colder. To me, and all the places I’ve been, that in there was nothing.” He said, leaning back. Alec stared at him, he was drawn in by Magnus’ glance, but then he eventually smiled. “I could have used a warmth rune,” he began, “but you didn’t give me time to apply one.” He even found himself chuckling a little.

Magnus leaned across the table, and brushed some hair out of Alec’s face, before gently resting his hand on his cheek. “Stop that.” Alec said quietly. “Some of the mundanes are looking.” Magnus smiled, and tilted his head. “I know you don’t mind mundanes looking.” He said, leaning closer to kiss him quickly. “Your friends, however…” Alec immediately stiffened, and Magnus looked at him sadly, “don’t worry. I won’t tell them. I promise you.” He told him firmly.