Max

He sat on the bottom of the stairs. Alec had run off somewhere – he always did that. He felt like he had some supreme right to leave them alone whenever he pleased. Max sat, tapping his foot on the step, his fingers running over the soldier in his hand. Alec may have been moody, and they didn’t have a lot in common – what with Alec being almost ten years older than Max was, but he was a nice brother. He usually didn’t have time to play with Max, but when he did he was always kind and fun and made sure all his attention was on what he and Max were doing. Jace on the other hand, always had time for Max. Even after training, where Izzy and Alec would always be too tired, Jace always stayed behind to play with him. And now he didn’t know where Jace was, and that filled him with the most anxiety.

“Max…” The voice was slow, calm and low. Max looked up, rearranging his glasses on his face to look up at Sebastian. He was looking down at Max was a sharp sombreness, his lips pressed together. “Come help me with this whilst we wait for Isabelle, okay?” He asked. Max nodded slowly, the solider still in his hand. He followed Sebastian into the kitchen, the room was dark. He couldn’t see anything. “Come on.” Sebastian urged, disappearing into the darkness. Max cautiously followed him, holding the soldier in both hands. “What do you need help wi-” He began, but saw the glint of something held up high above his head and he felt the panic and fear consume him. What was going on? He felt such panic, and he turned around, trying to run, opening his mouth to call for Isabelle, but he wasn’t fast enough. Something struck him on the back of his head. He crumples to his knees. The pain was excruciating. He could think of nothing else. The darkness was getting darker, Max was getting tired, so tired. It was painful to keep his eyes open. He convulsed, and fell to his side, convulsing more before he settled on the floor, still. Blood pooled around, and matted in his hair where his head had caved in. his hands went slack, but his fingers still clutched at the little solider he held in his hands.