Alone

Alec paused, as the door shut. Magnus sighed, and collapsed on his couch. “Your friends wear me out.” He muttered, and Alec turned to face him, still feeling awkward and out of place in Magnus’ big apartment. “Is Jace really that bad?” He questioned, mostly out of curiosity. Magnus moaned in response. “How do you put up with him? He’s your parabatai, right? You guys must be seriously close…I never figured you’d be friends with a guy like him.” He commented, and Alec blushed.

“He’s really not as bad as he may seem to you… he’s nice.” He said, Magnus stared back at Alec.

“You really like him, don’t you?” He asked. Alec stared at him. Magnus sat up, his elbows on his knees. “Did you realise you were gay because of him?” The question was so blunt Alec immediately flushed red. Hearing someone else say it, so bluntly…was it that obvious? Alec looked down, his hair blocking Magnus’ view of his face. The warlock stood up, and wandered over to the boy. He had such a talent for making himself look small and insignificant – strange for a boy his height. Alec’s hands were clenched at his side, as Magnus slid his hand onto his cheek. He still didn’t look up. “Alexander.” He said firmly, and Alec made a whimpering sound in the back of his throat. Magnus’ shoulders slumped. “Alec…I’m not upset about your feelings for him. Just as long as you can confirm your feelings for me.” He whispered, resting his forehead on Alec’s forehead. He glanced up into Magnus’ cat eyes, and tentatively reached out a hand and closed it around Magnus’. “I have feelings for you.” He said quietly. The warlock smiled.

“That’s all I ever wanted to hear from you.” He whispered, and leaned closer, to kiss his lips. Alec’s other hand slowly reached out to touch Magnus’ face. The kiss deepened, and he parted Alec’s lips, slipping his tongue into his mouth. The boy made a delighted sound in response. Magnus pulled away, and Alec licked his lips, tasting the warlock still. “Don’t you want to watch Gillingham’s Island?” He murmured, and Alec smiled. He rarely smiled. Magnus had thought with all he’d lived through, with all he was, it was a wonder he knew how to smile. It made him happy, to see that the young shadowhunter was capable of happiness. “I just want to be with you.” Alec admitted, and Magnus took his hand, leading him to the sofa. “And be with me, you shall be. Until your friends come and collect you again.” Alec sighed.

“I hope they spend a good few hours there.” He muttered, as Magnus pulled him down on top of him, to kiss him more.