Reunion: Part IV

Alec gasped in pain as he leaned against the balcony, and it concerned Magnus. “You could have just stayed in the room. Everyone already left.” He said. Alec shook his head.

“I want to be outside.” He closed his eyes, and stayed quiet. Magnus loved seeing Alec like this. White shirt with blue sleeves, loose jeans…he looked peaceful. When he opened his eyes again, he smiled. “I was only dead for about an hour.” He commented. “But I missed this feeling, I missed feeling cold. I missed feeling hot. I missed feeling embarrassed.” He chuckled to himself. Magnus rolled his shoulder painfully. Alec eyed him with concern. “You’re bleeding. What happened?” He demanded. Magnus shrugged, wincing. “After you…died. Your sister started vandalising my property.”

“And she hit you?”

“Yep.”

“With a rock?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Why didn’t you heal yourself?”

Magnus looked down, “I didn’t feel like I deserved it to be healed.” He admitted. Alec stared at him. “So heal yourself now.”

“I am.”

With some hesitancy, Alec leaned his head on Magnus’ shoulder. “I miss you.” He told him. Magnus paused. “I missed you too.” And then he licked his lips, and his voice wavered as he said, “Alec, I thought I could live without you…I thought I could just move on. But every day without you just…sucks. And when Isabelle told me you died, I thought I could have had you, I could have kept you safe, and that this was my fault. And that’s when I realised that… I can’t be mad at you, I can’t hate you for what you did. I could never be angry with you. I love you too much.” He looked at Alec, as the shadowhunter’s hand sauntered across the railing, and landed on Magnus’.

“Well, if we’re confessing to each other… you were the last thing I thought about, before I died.” He smiled, and looked away, “I just thought about how screwed everything up with you, and how I died alone, because I was stupid. And I regret everything I did. I just wanted you back. And it made dying worse.” Magnus turned around, and pulled Alec by the elbows towards him. Alec was familiar with this. He’d done it the first time they’d kissed. And his breath still hitched as they kissed. And he still grabbed for Magnus’ waist, and Magnus still grabbed Alec’s belt loops, pulling him closer. He parted Alec’s lips, and the two kept kissing for a long time. They broke away, and Alec flushed, “suddenly I don’t remember embarrassment quite so fondly.” He muttered, and Magnus laughed, and kept kissing him.

And when they’d finished, Alec had pulled him into bed, and they slept hand in hand that night, forgetting about the war that raged around them, thinking only of each other as they fell asleep together.