Perfect

Magnus laid the deep red cloth over his table, smoothing it down. It had to be perfect. It had to be completely and totally perfect. He got out his nicest cutlery, his nicest plates and tableware. It had to be the best. It had to be perfect. The Chairman jumped onto the table, meowing. Magnus swore a little, grabbing the tiny cat and putting him gently onto the ground. “I’ll feed you soon, okay. Just…I need to make this perfect first.” He purred softly to the little cat. He seemed to understand, and flopped onto the floor, beginning to clean himself.

Magnus breathed out. Now he had to get the food finished up, and he was done. His phone began ringing, and he quickly got his dinner out of the oven before jogging over to the counter. Isabelle. He clicked and put the phone to his ear. “Hey, Isa-”

“Magnus! Please! We’re downstairs in Simon’s van, Alec’s hurt! You have to help him!” She cried at him.  He almost dropped the phone with shock. “How badly?”

“He’s….he’s open done the middle from throat to waist…” she seemed to gag a bit. “Please.” She began crying. “Get Jace and Simon to start carrying him up, I’ll be waiting.” He said, running over to his door and throwing it open. He could hear Isabelle shouting at the others to start carrying him down below him.

He turned back to his apartment. He had a make-shift room for patients, but he probably wouldn’t be able to get Alec up there with his wounds. He began clearing the table, ready to start serving Alec’s wound. He heard Clary rush in, “Come on Jace! Just a little further!” She behind her. Magnus heard Jace reply, “Alec…he’s choking. We can’t…” Magnus strode forward, pushing the little redhead out of his way. He went up to Jace, who was stood holding onto Alec’s shoulders, Simon was holding his legs. Magnus gently put his hands on Alec’s back. His shirt was completely and totally soaked through with blood, it was dripping from his hands onto his steps. Alec was indeed choking, and the movement… it was grotesque and disgusting to watch. Magnus looked at him. “Simon step a little up onto the ridge.” He said. “Clary, Isabelle, go get my book and anything in the room at the end of the hall.” Both of the girls stood there, watching. “NOW!” he screamed. Simon stepped up, and Alec had his hands on the spilt down the middle of his torso. Words were trickling out of his mouth, but blood kept bubbling up over his lips. It sounded like he was trying to say no. “Put him down on the ground.” He ordered. “I’ll help him here, Simon go tell my neighbours not to freak out at the screams.” Clary and Isabelle came back carrying armfuls of bottles, Clary had his spell book clutches in her hand. “We couldn’t get all of them.” She said. Magnus was ripping Alec’s shirt off him, giving him a clear view of the wound. “Jace, go help them get more of the bottles.” He said. Jace stayed where he was. Magnus looked up, “Jace,” he said in a warning tone.

“I’m not leaving my parabatai.” Jace said firmly, his hand brushing through Alec’s hair. Magnus knew no matter what he said, he was going to stay. “Fine. Stay.” He said, and then looked down at Alec. He was so pale. “Alec. Stay with me. Look at me.” His eyes fluttered open slowly, focussing on Magnus. “This is going to hurt a lot, but I’m going to save you, I promise.” He said, putting his hands on Alec’s shoulders, as close to the wound as he could. Alec whimpered, Jace grabbing hold of his hand.