Chilled

Magnus slipped out of bed, standing up and moving over to the door. Alec wasn’t there – he’d gone home late the night before – his parents had been growing upset with him constantly staying overnight (even though he was eighteen years old – an adult and could do whatever he fucking wanted, Magnus always thought). He moved over to the living room area, a coffee cup appearing in his hand as he walked, he noticed something odd. The lighting of the room – the colour tones were chillier than they usually were. He knew what it meant. Snow. His face a picture of joy, he spun around to face the window.

New York was covered in a thick blanket of white. He could see people playing in the streets – most people were smart enough not to be driving so kids were actually out playing on the road. He grinned, turning back to go to his bedroom. He had a lot of wonderful things to wear in winter – and a very wonderful man to visit.

He heard them before he saw them. The three Lightwood siblings out front. Isabelle was laughing, calling something at her brothers. And Alec was straddling over Jace who was laughing as he lay on the ground, Alec swinging a snowball hard down onto his face. His face was grinning and laughing as he smothered his brother in snow. Magnus laughed, and Alec looked up, quickly jumping up and running over to hug him. “I thought Jace was supposed to be the strong one here.” Magnus commented as he pecked Alec on the lips. Jace sat up slowly, “I am. But that bastard blitzed me.” he argued.
Alec smiled, “it’s nice to see you, Magnus.” He whispered, quickly flinging his arm forward. Biting cold snow hit Magnus’ face full force, rendering him shocked for a moment or two. He heard Alec’s laugh, and quickly reacted, picking up a handful of snow, dashing after him. Alec may have had years of intense training and genetics on his side, but Magnus had tactics on his side, and after a few moments of chasing, he had the shadowhunter cornered. He pulled the front of Alec’s old sweater – the two t-shirts he had underneath the sweater along with it – and shoved the pack of snow down his front. Alec let out something that could only have been described as a shriek.

Once it was getting darker, and they had recovered from the snow fight, Alec redressed in something warmer, the sun had gone down. Magnus led him down the streets – the city had Christmas lights up. Alec sighed contently, “I didn’t realise the city had lights…” he mumbled. Magnus nodded, tugging him by the hand taking him up onto the banks of the river to sit down. And it was beautiful. The lights reflected off the water, lighting up the space. Alec gasped. “It’s perfect.” He breathed. Magnus smiled, nuzzling against Alec’s neck, “Like you.” He whispered back as Alec put his arm around his shoulders, pulling them closer together. And he was content, on the snow ridden banks, arm in arm with his lover, he’d never felt quite so happy.