Memory Loss

That was it. All of it. One hundred percent gone. Alec had disappeared from his life. All his stuff was gone, he’d cleaned everywhere – made sure even Alec’s sent had vanished. And he stood in the middle of all of it, chanting. He wanted to forget. He couldn’t live remembering this – he’d drive himself mad. It was cruel, making him forget the one man in his world he truly loved. He didn’t want to, but…he was tearing himself apart remembering it all. He just wanted it to go away, and the best way to do that was to forget Alec. There was nothing else he could do to make this stop. And so he chanted the spell, finishing it, and falling into an uneasy state of unconsciousness.

** ** ** ** ** ** **

Magnus was enjoying his party, grinding, dancing, drinking, talking. He loved all of it. The alarm buzzed again, and he wove his way around the dance floor, towards the door. He swung it open, smiling gratefully. Isabelle Lightwood, Jace Herondale and their little gang stood on his doorstep, “Isabelle, Clary, sweeties, it’s so nice for you to have come.” He greeted. They looked at him curiously, “Magnus…are you feeling quite alright?” Clary asked. He nodded,

“yeah, I’m fine.” He replied. She chewed her lip,

“it’s just…you said you didn’t want to talk to any of us again, and then you invited us to your party?” She asked. He frowned, thinking. “Oh! Yeah, I cast a memory loss spell on myself accidentally I think. So… I don’t know there are gaps in my memory, I guess. I don’t remember saying that to you.” He admitted, scanning the crowd. “So, did you two girls bring your boyfriends then? And, oh…” his eyes settled on Alec. “A fifth wheel?” he asked, cocking his head to the side. The shadowhunter boy stared at him curiously, with interest in his eyes. Isabelle turned around, grinning at him. “Yeah, this is my brother, Alec.” She said, her voice full of excitement. As she stepped into Magnus’ home she leaned up and whispered in his ear, “he’s single and gay. Have safe fun.” He smiled as the shadowhunter boy stayed behind from his friends, Magnus standing in front of him.

He was beautiful. Completely stunning. His figure was perfect, not too slender and not overly muscular. He was attractive, and his  colouring – oh… black hair and blue eyes. He was quite possibly perfect. “Hi.” He said, picking at a hole on his jumper nervously.

“Hey there cutie.” Magnus said, the boy smiled a little.

“Alec…its Alec.” He reminded him, and the warlock grinned, leaning back on his door,

“I know, I know – I prefer cutie, though.” He said, “I’m Magnus.” he offered Alec nodded, smiling slightly. “I know…this is…your party, after all.” He replied. The warlock looked at the party behind him, “so, err… do you maybe wanna go get a drink with me or something?” he asked. The other boy nodded, “sure, why not?” he agreed, following him into the party.