Together again

Jace marched down the corridor, he didn’t even bother to knock first, he just walked straight it. “Alec. Up.” He commanded. He couldn’t even see his parabatai he was just a mass and bundle of duvets and bed sheets. There was a small pile of comic books Simon had reluctantly lent Alec sat on the side of the bed next to the bundle that was presumably the boy he was looking for. Part of the black duvet moved, and Jace heard a low moan coming from within. He smiled. It looked like a big black slug, if he was honest. “I’ll rip the sheets off you if you don’t get up,” he threatened. Slowly, the black lump uncurled, and Alec sat up out of the bed sheets.

His hair was askew, pointing off and curling in random directions. He had bags under his eyes, and the whites of his eyes were red. Obviously he’d been crying. His face was a pale colour that made his black hair look even darker, and his loose grey sweater was holed so badly a lot of the runes on his chest were visible. Jace felt a wave of pity. He’d lost weight. He was thinner than he remembered, which saddened him. He knew Isabelle left food outside his door every day at breakfast, lunch and dinner, and most of the time those means returned only nibbled or not touched at all.

He sighed, “We’re going out.”

Alec shrugged, “So?” He snapped back.

“All of us. Including you.” He said. Alec stared at him, and then wrapped the duvet back around him.

“I’m not going.” He muttered, lying back down in bed. Jace moved forward, and pulled the sheet off his friend. “Oh yes you are. I’m not going to late you waste away here.”

“I’m not wasting away.” He protested. Jace raised his eyebrows.

“You’re lost a lot of weight and muscle. You haven’t gone on jobs with us for a couple of weeks. You are wasting away.” He pointed out. Alec curled up in the fetal position.

“Just leave me alone. Not in the mood.” He muttered. Jace sat down on the side of his bed, and put a hand on Alec’s shoulder. “Just. I just ask for one thing, Alec. Just come with us to Simon’s band’s thing.” He pressed harder on Alec’s shoulder, and began padding, trying to get more irritating. Alec moaned. “You’re acting like Church when he wants food.” He commented, and Jace smiled.

“Is it annoying?”

“Very.”

“So I’ll keep doing this until you agree to come.”

He continued padding for about a minute before Alec reached out to hit him with one of the comic books. “Go ahead, hit me with that. Simon’ll kill you if he finds damage on his Batman.” He muttered, and Alec paused. “Fine. I’ll come.” He snapped, and Jace let him sit up. “Now get out, I need to get changed.” Jace smiled,

“maybe I want to inspect my parabatai’s body, I mean, it’s been so long since I saw your naked body and I almost miss the-”

“OUT. Now.” And he threw his pillow at him. Jace caught it easily.

“I told you you were losing muscle.”

Jace closed the door, and stayed there, listening until he heard Alec’s bathroom door open and shut, and the shower turn on. He jogged down the hall, and rang Clary. “Are you two on your way now?” He asked, “We’re almost there.” She answered, “So did you manage to get him to go?” Jace smiled.

“Guilt always works on Alec. Now, get to Magnus, quickly.” He answered, and clicked off the phone.

____

Magnus opened the door quickly, making both Clary and Simon jump. “What do you two want?” He snapped. “You look awful.” Simon cried, and Clary nudged him in the ribs, smiling sweetly.