Banned from Peru

Alec brushed some hair out of his face, rolling up the sleeves on his jumper – his marks spiralling up his arm plain to see. He was smiling. Magnus had grown used to seeing that smile – it was the smile of someone who had never seen the world before who was experiencing it now. As someone who had only travelled between Idris and New York his entire life, he was in awe at even simple cities like London. And that was his same smile. A quiet smile he wasn’t putting on for anybody, but one of his own accord. Magnus put his arm around the boy. “Yup,” he breathed out, “it is an amazing sight, isn’t it?” He said. Alec grinned at him,

“Thank you so much for this.” He said, nuzzling into Magnus’ neck a bit. They were quiet, on the top of the mountain, looking out at the landscape around them. Suddenly there was a flash, and Magnus felt the pressure of something sharp at the base of his skull. Alec’s hand was quickly at his belt, whispering a name into the blade. “Don’t. Move. Shadowhunter.” The hooded figure spat. Magnus squared his jaw. “May I ask who is threatening me on my vacation with my boyfriend?” He asked. His voice was remarkably calm. The woman paused. “Put your blade away, Nephilim.” She insisted. Magnus looked at Alec out of the corner of his eye, and nodded slightly. Alec jutted his chin, but put the seraph blade away. “Good. Now turn around, Bane. Slowly.” Magnus agreed, and did slowly turn around. The figure pulled her hood away. She had snake eyes, and peculiar markings all over her green skin, much like a snake had. She had darker green curly long hair. Magnus shoulders slumped a little. “Athalia.” He greeted. She squinted viciously at him.

“You’re not supposed to be here, Bane.” She spat. Magnus chewed his lip,

“So now I’m not allowed into your area? Honestly, I know I may have been a little cruel about what I did but that doesn’t mean you can ban me from Per-oh.” He sucked in his breath. “I am so, so sorry.” He began saying, “I forgot, I am so very very sorry, please don’t kill me.” He breathed.

Magnus and Alec sat on the steps where they had just portalled to. Alec was covering his face in shame, resting his elbows on his knees. Magnus was watched him. “Alec, once more I really did forget.” Alec pinched the bridge of his nose and looked up.

“You…forgot you were banned from Peru?” He asked, pressing his lips firmly together. He was clearly trying not to scream. “In my defence, it happened so long ago-”

“HOW DO YOU FORGET YOUR BANNED FROM FUCKING PERU?!” Alec screamed. “What did you even do to get banned from fucking Peru?!” He asked. Magnus smirked,

“Well, Alexander, I do hope you’re sitting comfortably, for you see…”