Valentine's Day

The door creaked open slowly, and Alec saw his sister standing in the doorway. She was grinning like an idiot. “Don’t say anything, Isabelle.” He said quickly, and she frowned a little.

“Is Magnus taking you out?” She asked. Alec breathed out,

“How did you know?” He asked, and Isabelle laughed a little.

“You’re wearing something nice instead of your usually…whatever you roll into in the morning. And…your hair is actually brushed.” She smiled,

“A Valentine’s day date…how cute.” She cheered, “it’s so nice to see you dating, especially someone as right for you as Magnus.” she ran her hand through her brother’s hair, “and whilst, my dearest brother, seeing you with your hair brushed is wonderful, let me sort out your parting.” She said, sitting him back down.

Alec heard the bell ring, and his head snapped towards the door. “That’s him,” he breathed, getting out of his seat where Isabelle had placed him and walked through the door, Isabelle jogging after him. He immediately turned around, causing his sisters to run into his chest. “No, you’re not… going downstairs.” He said, putting his hand on her shoulder. “Just let me go down on my own, okay?” He said, running down the stairs on his own.

Alec very nearly threw himself at the door, opening it with such force. It surprised Magnus on the other side. “Oh…are you ready to go then?” He asked, smiling. Alec nodded, blushing.

“Yeah…so…should we go now?” He rushed, and Magnus nodded, kissing him on the cheek.

“Happy Valentine’s Day.” He whispered tenderly.

Alec held tightly onto Magnus’ hand, taking in the sight around them. He’d never really taken the time to notice how pretty New York actually was, and it was shocking how little he knew about it. So he held on tightly to Magnus’ hand as he directed him around the city. “So…what actually is Valentine’s Day? Why is it so special?” He asked absently. Magnus gasped, pulling down the rim of his dark red bolder hat. “Valentine’s Day is a wonderful day where couples can be together and give each other presents and can celebrate just being together.” Alec laughed,

“So, where’s my present then?” he asked, and Magnus laughed,

“Later.” He dismissed, pulling on Alec’s arm indicating to him to sit down. So they did in the shade of a large tree in the middle of the park. All around them, there were couples dotted around lying on the grass…some lying one on top of one another. Magnus went behind Alec, holding him gently from behind. He nuzzled his boyfriend in close, resting his lips on the back of his neck. It was glorious with the warm weather and the gentle breeze. They stayed together in that position, peaceful. Magnus scattered around in his bag, and Alec made a questioning sound as he woke up from dozing at Magnus’ movements. “What is it?” He asked as his boyfriend pulled out a small packet.

“It’s just candy, now open up.” he said, gently placing it on Alec’s tongue. He kissed Alec’s cheek, down his neck, anywhere he could get his lips. And Alec let him. “This is nice.” He said finally, stroking Magnus’ hands as he was kissed. “I thought you’d like it.” He said, and turned Alec turned his head to lead Magnus kiss him on the lips.