Chapter Twenty - Seven

Things were going slow after the second task. I visited Fred whenever I could in secrecy but soon the secrecy stopped. "Draevyn?" I looked up from Fred's bed. He was knocked out by something the nurse had given him. "What are you doing here?" asked Scorpius coming towards the bed. When he saw who was in the bed he wrinkled his nose in disgust. "I don't get why you hang out with that Weasley trash." 

I was ready to punch Scorpius in the face. Wait what? I asked myself. Was I really going to hit Scorpius to defend Fred? I hadn't replied yet. "I'm just making sure he's fine. I saved him from the Eagles, I just want to see how he's doing." 

Scorpius looked skeptical. "Okay, but try and get out f here more often." He turned and went out of the infirmarary. 

"When can we stop pretending?" asked Fred groggily.

I turned back to him and realised that he had woke up. "I don't know," I whispered pushing the bangs out of his face. His forehead was hot and sweating. "You okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah," He said, "just a little side effect of whatever the nurse gave me. she told me before she injected me."

"Okay, just making sure." I said. I got up and started walking towards the door.

"Drae?" I heard Fred say from the bed. 

"Yeah?" I asked turning around.

"Can we please stop pretending?" That question felt like the killing curse. I didn't know what to say.

Fred's POV

"Can we please stop pretending?" I asked. I was tired, I didn't know half of what I was saying but this I did know. I wanted to stop. 

Draevyn came to my bedside again. "Are you sure you want to?" I nodded my head. I was getting too tired, son the drug would kick in again. "Then we will." she muttered before total blackness filled my vision.

Draevyn's POV

It would be a couple days before Fred got out of the infirmarary and as I came out and into the hall, Albus and Hugo came down the hall. "Malfoy," muttered Albus as he bumped me in the shoulder and kept on walking. 

I stopped and turned around. "Really. Do you have to say my name like its from the ipetimy of hell? 'Cause I have never, ever said your name like that!"

Albus stopped and told Hugo to go into the infimarary. He then turned around. "Yes I do!" 

"Why? Because of our father's? Because I think what they've dane has nothing to do with how we act!" I yelled. 

"W-" Albus couldn't even get two words out. I raised my eyebrows.

"That's what I thought." I turned around and walked away.