Chapter Twenty - Four

~~~~~ Hey so I'm gonna skip the supper part because nothing interesting happens. I'm gonna skip to the next day because I wanted to get to the second task as quickly as possibly.

Remember that this is a nomination for th Watty Awards 2012. Vote as much as possible even if you hate me and my guts. :) LET THE SECOND TASK, BEGIN!

*~*

Draevyn's POV

All the champions were lined up at a designated entrance to the Dark Woods. All I think about was the moments that Fred and I had shared less than 24 hours ago. There was a broomstick in front of us. Florin had a Firebolt and Clarice had a simple one. Mine was special though. Mine was the newest version. The Raging Inferno 900.

I knew who it was from too. I turned to see my Headmistress blushing. All I could do is smile and mouth the words 'thank you'. I also had an advantage in this task. I've been a chaser for the Slytherin Quidditch team since my third year. But know I would have to try out for that spot on the Gryffindor's team.

Clarice looked as if she hadn't seen a broom in her life the way that she was eyeing it. Florin looked the same only more confident.

An announcer's voice broke over the blue sky. "Good morning! Last night three treasures were stolen from us. Each with some relevance to each of the champions. They must bring them back or the treasures will never survive." I scanned the crowd and saw Scorpius sitting with his friends.

Then who? I asked myself.

"Champions mount your brooms! Ready? GO!" Without thinking I started off. Leavingg Clarice and Florin in the dust. I slowed down due to the fact that they would most likely never catch up. I looked behind me to see Clarice had fallen off her broom already, and Florin taking it easy on his broom.

"Suckers." I mumbled. and flew forward toward the mountain which I forgot the name of. In one class, we had looked at maps of the other magical institutes and remembered that there was a basin in the top. If they were to hide something, it would be there.

The wind was chilling and I felt my cheeks and nose get red. The cold bit at my fingers and toes as well. Should've brought gloves. I thought. After another minute of flying, I saw the basin and three tall poles in the middle.

A screeching sound came through the wind. I looked to my left and saw a bird as large as the Brandishkit. It's talon barely grazed the wind in front of my face before I ducked down.

Eagles. Not ordinary bald eagles, no. Huge, big, gigantic birds, some grew to be as large as dragons. Talons razor sharp and as durable as diamonds. Odds were not in my favor for this one.