Chapter Eleven

We were all gathered in the hall for the picking of Champions. 

"Today, is the day that we find out who are three Champions are." yelled Karkaroff across the room. His voice booming. 

The blue flames of the Goblet turned blood red, and a blue piece of charred paper came out of the flames. Karkaroff caught it and read it.

"The Beaxbaton Champion is, Clarice Le Flor." Cheers erupted from the Beaxbaton section and a brunette girl in satin blue went up to Karkaroff, shook his hand, and went to the champion's quarters.

The red flames appeared again. and a piece of parchment came out. "The Durmstrang champion is, Florin Peticot!" Many boys stood up and cheered on their friend as he went to the champion's quarters. 

I'll have to congratulate him. I thought.

The series of events repeated. "The Hogwarts Champion, Draevyn Malfoy!"

My heart stopped. All sound left my ears. I felt people nudging and pushing me. I got up from the bench and made my way towards Karkaroff. He said something but I didn't hear it. I shook his hand and was ushered off to the champion's quarters.

I entered and right away, Florin stood up. "I guess I was right." He said smiling. 

"Yeah I guess." I said snapping out of my trance. 

Clarice stood up. "What are you two talking aboot?" She asked in her French accent.

"Isolated inncident. Had to be their thing." I replied. 

The doors opened and all three headmasters came in. "Good evening. From this point forward, you are all Triwizard Champions." Mrs. Macgonagal stated walking towards me and standing by my side. 

Karkaroff gave shouts of jubilation towards Florin. His eardrums must be popping. I thought. 

"The first task is in three days. Do whatever you can to prepare, for there are no hints." Yelled Karkaroff so all the champions could hear. 

Mrs. Macgonagal murmured in my ear. "You can go back to the boat." 

So I started going to the boat. "Draevyn!" Someone yelled from behind. I heard loud footsteps.

He caught up with me. "Hey! Draevyn, congratulations." 

I looked over and saw Fred. "Congratualtions? You do know that people die in this tournament? Remember what happened last time? The Diggery kid got killed by You - Know - Who."

"Oh yeah. Sorry." He replied. "Sorry about last night too. Hugo didn't know what he was talking about." 

"It's okay." I said.

People started surrouding me. Asking me so many questions. "Uh." was all I could say.

I took out my wand. "Apsens." With a flash of white light I disappeared and appeared in my room. 

I sighed, frustrated. This wasn't supposed to happen. I thought. 

I flash of white light flashed through my eyes as the camera took a picture. I smiled and waited for the reporter to say something. "Yes, good, very good." He said.

Manny Plettinod stepped out from behind the camera. He was a plump man with a grey beard and black bowler hat. his suit was black and his shoes were scuffed. "Who wants to go first?" He asked. 

Nobody dared to answer. "Well then, ladies first." He grabbed Clarice and brought him into the spare room for the interveiw. I was left with Florin.

I sat down on the couch. Florin sat down as well. Awkward. I thought.

i yawned. ''I'm really tired. I barely got any sleep last night." 

"If it's any constellation, I don't think that any of us did." He replied.

"That's makes me feel way better." I said sarcasticly. I leaned back and closed my eyes.

I felt something hot on my lips. What the-. I opened my eyes. It was Florin. Holy-. I pushed Florin off me. 

"What the hell Florin!" I whispered so Manny wouldn't have another story to report.

He looked astonished. "What?'' He questioned.

"What?!" I said. "What is all you can say? In what way did I make you think that you could do that!"

Florin smiled "I thought it would make you feel better."

I rolled my eyes. Manny came out of the room with Clarice and I volunteered to go next. I couldn't stand Florin right now.

Manny followed. He sat his round butt down on a stool. "Now, shall we begin?" He asked.