Chapter Sixteen

Draevyn's POV

I felt sorry for saying no to Fred. He was sweet and I would've said yes if Collin hadn't of asked me first. 

It had been a couple of days after Fred had asked me. He stayed more distant than usual, but it really didn't bother me much. I was spending most of my free period with Collin. He was actually really sweet and a gentleman. 

"Hey, who's that guy your always hanging out with?" asked Anna. 

I lifted my head from my books. "Oh, Collin? He asked me to the Yule Ball. I've been trying to get to know him better."

Molly gasped. "You mean, you found a guy without me!?" 

I smiled at her expression. "Actually Molly, he found me."

Anna thankfully changed the subject, "Speaking of the Yule Ball, I have nothing to wear. I don't want to let Mason down."

"No problem, I have left over stuff from my dress. Your welcome to use it." I said. 

Anna's face lit up, "Really? Thanks Drae."

"Yeah I'll go get it." I put down my quill and went into my room. I opened the wardrobe and got out the fabrics, ribbons, pins, and bows. I piled it all up and took it out of the wardobe. When I tugged it all out, a box fell out. "What the..." I put the supplies on the bed and picked up the box. 

It was about the size of a vertical tissue box with an envelope on top. It read: Draevyn. I decided not to make Anna wait and brought the stuff out to her. "Thanks again Drae."

"Yeah no problem." I said in a trance. I went back into my room. 

The box had red wrapping paper on it with a yellow bow. I took the envelope and opened it.

In green ink was:

For the ball,

~C.I.

"Collin Ishvater," I whispered under my breath. I took the box and opened it. There was a red and gold mask with ribbon to tie around the head. 

*~*

"This Yule Ball is a special one. This year it will be a Masquerade." Macgonagal stated. There were all kinds of gasps from the girls section and murmurs from the boys. 

We were in the same room we practiced in last time. Headmistress Macgonagal called us for the announcement. "Now settle down, I also called you hear to discuss behavior. At the ball, you will act as civilized men and women. The houses of Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Helga Hufflepuff will not be acting as a band of bumbling baboons nor a party of piercing parakeets." Her eyes narrowed down at the group. "Now, since we have already practiced, I am giving you all the rest of the day off." 

Cheers erupted from both sides of the room. I and many of the staff had to plug their ears. When the cheering died down every one filed out of the room. I was relieved that I wasn't swarmed by girls asking me what I was going to do for the ball. They were too preoccupied with their own things.

I was walking down the corridor on the left side to reduce the traffic in the hall. too many people were on the inside. I passed a door and was pulled into it. before I could get out my wand someone else did. "Lumos." Collin's face was revealed by the light emitting from the tip of his blue wand. "Finally I catch you alone." He said smiling. 

"Well, that's what you get when your a champion. No time to yourself." I replied. 

He looked down into my eyes. "Did you get my gift?" He asked.

I smiled. "Yes. It goes perfectly with my dress. Thank you." 

"I was hoping for more than that." Collin bent down and kissed me. It was different from all the other kisses I've endured. It was hard to explain. It was, lustful. I was the first to pull away.

"Um," was all I could muster.

"Sorry, I shouldn't of done that." He muttered. 

"No, I should've stopped you." I said. I walked out the door and towards the lake to the boat.