Chapter Twenty - Six

I left the ground on my broom and to the poles. The figure was occupying the Eagles so I wouldn't have to dodge them. At the top of the three poles, there were the people sitting on the top of them. Treasures huh? I thought. 

I saw a little girl on one, and boy about the same age on the one next it, and then, a red headed boy that was much older than the other. Fred?

I dived down towards him to make sure it was Fred. "Oh my God!" Fred's face was battered and bruised, his eye was swollen and his hands had cuts all over them. 

He groaned as i picked him up. "Fred, you gotta get up now!" I looked up and saw the Eagles circling above, ready to dive in at any second. "Fred!" I yelled. Something about the tone in my voice caught his attention. I don't know what. 

I helped him pick himself up and after a step, he fell to the ground again. "C'mon Fred." We got to the broom after a while. A broom that looked like Clarice's came into the basin. 

I got Fred to the broom. I didn't like my next choice but it was the only way I could get him out of here. I put his hands around the back of the back of the broom handle. "Copula!" I pointed my wand at his hands and rope tied his hands to the broom. He was unconscious and wouldn't feel the pain until we got back to Durmstrang. 

I got on and started to fly. Fred hung on hte back of the broom looking lifeless. It wasn't 'til we got out of the basin and into the woods that he started to wake up.

Due to the cuts on his hands, the rope didn't helped ease the pain. He groaned and sometimes screamed in agony. It hurt me to hear it too. I wanted it to stop so many times, over and over I tried to block out the sound. Then I realised the fact that people were watching. So relunctantly one of the times I had to look back. "Stop your whining Weasley!" I knew that would make Scorpius proud.

We got to the starting platform soon enough. I got off the broom and pointed my wand at Fred's hands, "Libero!" and the rope fell to the ground. Nurses carried him away to the infirmary and I was left at the platform to wait. Soon enough Florin and Clarice came back with what I found out to be their siblings and then the announcer gave us our standings.

"In third place with a time of two hours, 17 minutes, Clarice from Beauxbatons! In second place with a time of one hour 45 minutes, Florin from Durmstrang! And in first place with a time of 45 minutes, Draevyn Malfoy from Hogwarts!" Our school cheered even the houses that despised Malfoys. It was a win we all shared.