Chapter Twenty - Two

Molly and Anna went on a double date with Derek and Mason, so I had the whole day to think about tomorrow's second task. 

What the hell is it! I was interrupted by a owl through the port hole. Thank God it wasn't my father's owl. The owl had a note attached to its neck by a red satin ribbon. I untied the bow and the owl flew away. 

I opened the note up:

Meet me at the Grand Willow in front of the Dark Woods.

I looked at the back of the note but there was no signature. 

*~*

I made my way out of the boat with a coat and sweatshirt underneath. The walk to the Grand Willow was short. I suspected who the sender was, and I was right.

"Fred? Really?" He was sitting in the tree on one of the highest limbs that was sturdy enough to sustain his weight.

"Sorry, I thought it was romantic!" He shouted down to me.

I looked around and shushed him. "Fred! You have to be quiet!" 

"Then come up!" 

"No! You come down!" I laughed at his enthusiasm.

I saw him mouth the word "Fine" then he jumped off the limb. 

"FRED!" 

He laughed when he landed on his feet and not on his face. 

"I hate you sometimes you know that?" I told him.

"And I love you all the time, you know that?" he walked towards me and scooped me up. For once, I looked down into his brown eyes. 

"I love you too." 

"I hate keeping you a secret. If I had it my way, I'd show you off to the world." He said setting me down on a tree stump. 

"I hate keeping you a secret too."

"You know you sound like a parrot, repeating everything I say." Fred said smiling. 

I took this to my advantage, "You know you sound like a par-" Fred interrupted me with a kiss. 

"I might want to be a parrot more often." 

"Maybe."