Chapter Twenty - Three

"Fred?" I asked, "What did you mean when you said I was the best thing in your life right now?"

He took a while to respond. "Well, after my uncle Fred died, my dad married Fred's school sweetheart, Angelena Johnson. The thing was, I don't think she ever loved my dad like she loved my uncle. They're getting a divorce as we speak."

My facial expression changed dramaticlly. "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean t-"

"Don't worry about it. I barely see them anyway. I'm always at Grandma and Grandpa Molly and Arthur. It's not that bad." He tried to sound sincere. "At least I have you still."

"And I you."

*~*

Fred's POV

I still hated going around in public without her. She was the one thing that I knew would stay the same in my life right now. But she was afraid that her brother might do something to hurt me so we laid low with our relationship.

As if on cue, Scorpius came up to me.

"Look Scorpius, I don't want any trouble. I just helped Draevyn because she needed help and no one else was around. So don't beat me up because I helped her!"

Scorpius looked confused. "No, I wanted to thank you. Don't jump to conclusions so fast Weasley. But back to the point. Thank you for helping Drae. But don't think that I'm no t watching you Weasley. I don't like you one bit."

"I think I can live with that." I said smiling. I held out my hand for Scorpius to shake. He was sheepish but relunctantly shook it after a while. He left and Albus came up to me.

"What was that about?" He asked.

I looked at him. "Nothing, just a friendly conversation."

Albus looked astonished. "Woah. Back up. Malfoy? Friendly converstion? You must be out of your mind." He walked away shaking his head.

I know that Albus hates Scorpius and Scorpius hates Albus, but why does their father's have anything to do with their future?

It made me think. But after not coming up with a satisfying answer, I walked towards the Hall and towards the Gryffindor table.