Chapter Nine

--Charlie's Point Of View--

I really could not sleep much because my stomach throbbed painfully and the painkillers kept wearing off leaving me in a pit of excrutiating pain. Lucky William though had fallen asleep in the chair across from me leaning on his arm, He didn't look so distant and strong when he slept but like he was at peace and he was happy.

I turned my head back to the ceiling silently yelling at myself to lt me get some damn sleep otherwise I would be moody today "Can't sleep?" I turned my head to William who had woken up in the time period of me yelling at myself "Not really" I groaned yawning loudly shifting uncomfortably

"Good evening boys, did you sleep well considering it's now six at night?" Hayley chimed in as she opened the door "No. Not really" I grunted sarcastically trying to get comfortable in the god forsaken bed "Well, you're out of the woods for now but you can go home, I do suggest staying with someone in case it was a rabid werewolf, and all the kiddies are having a movie night" She closed her file and sat my set of clothes onto the edge of the bed.

"William was nice enough to go get clothes that weren't torn and covered in blood" She giggled turning to open the door "Just no sex while you're healing." She added laughing loudly as she closed the door behind her "These things are so uncomfortable" I pulled at the ties on the hospital gown and pulled it off, good I was still wearing my boxers otherwise that could of been embarassing.

My stomach was tightly bandaged all the way up to my ribs and it was incredibly hard to move without hurting "Look I'll help" William stood up and retrieved my tee shirt and pulled it down over my head helping me to stick my arms through the sleeves, I did manage to get my pants on by myself because if I had help that could potentially become dangerous.

I carefully eased myself to my feet finding my Chuck's sitting at the foot of the bed, I heard William come up behind me and pull my jacket over my shoulders straightening it out evenly "Thanks" I mumbled retrieving my scarf and sticking it around my neck "Shall we?" William opened the door waiting for me to walk out before closing it behind us. "I have a major headache from all the anesthetic and bullcrap" I grumbled massaging my temples trying to shield my eyes from the bright lights.

I continued down the hallway beside Will but what he had shown me yesterday was still replaying in my head making me feel sick to my stomach, that girl was in their house right now. With my little brother. "Will Samandriel be safe with her in the house?" I asked looking up at William, He remained straightfaced "Cedric and Claude are there with Arianna also. He is safe promise" He smiled slightly patting my shoulder

"Can I go rest at home? I get the feeling it will be loud at the manor" I cringed at the thought of hyperactive teenagers roaming around everywhere. "No that's the first place anyone will look, I have a place in mind" He pulled his keys out of his pocket unlocking the obnoxiously large SUV and getting into the drivers side.

The drive was eerily silent but I could see the gears turning in his brain and I don't think he was very happy so I wouldn't push my luck. I followed him into the elevator of a very tall skyscrapers pressing the button to the 72nd floor and patiently leaned against the wall watching me closely making me feel incredibly self conscious.

The doors slid open to reveal a gigantic and there's no exagerration there penthouse. It was decorated quite expensively but still seemed somewhat homely. "Earth to Charlie" William started snapping his fingers in front of my face "Is this yours?" I stupidly asked, He nodded sheepishly stepping out the elevator taking off his coat then pulling mine off for me

"I barely come here though, I stay at the manor a lot. But when I need time to myself or need to study, this is the place" He chuckled stepping down off the small ledge from the entranceway into the living room. "You though are going to rest if you have a headache" He turned to me staring at me possessively.