Chapter 38: New Year's Eve

Jade's POV

Wow... It's New Year's Eve tonight. I can't believe how fast the time is. Tonight's gonna be so cool so I'm gonna get dressed. No one's gonna pick me up. Cal's mother told him to pick up the groceries for preparation so I guess I'm gonna be taking a taxi. If I had my car, I would drive there myself.

It was now 9:30pm so I decided to take a shower right away. I brushed my teeth and gargled some mouthwash. I dried myself up with the towel before drying my hair with the hair blower. I slipped into a black high waisted skinny jeans and a yellow shirt that has a word that says 'BELIEVE'. I tucked my shirt in my jeans and put on some black lose jacket with no hood. I wore my accesories and sprayed some perfume all over me. I went back to the mirror to style my hair. I didn't curl my hair. I just left it all natural and combed it before putting two flower haipins to keep my hair out if my face. I applied my simple make up. I used my maroonish tinted lip balm instead of lipstick. I slipped into my black leathe ankle boots.

I prepare my purse which had my usual things...my iphone, earphones, perfume, lip balm, pony tail. I grabbed my keys and licked the door behind me. I was outside and then I saw Luke leaning against the car. "Hey... what're you doing here?" I asked as I walked closer to him. "Oh ... you're here. Uh... Cal told me to pick you up because there might be weird guys out there is what he says." He answered smiling. "Calum is the weirdest." I aaid to him as he gave a laugh. "You look cute." He said to me and I thanked him before hopping inside the car. He drove to the beach. The party was being held there. It was a little to early. Cal and his family are nit here yet. Maybe they're still preparing. Everyone's here even Rica and Nicole

I wish I had my family here too. It was 10:40pm and he's still not here. I took a can of coca cola and sat on the wood where a bonfire was infrknt of me. I continued to sip om my drink waitinh for him.

Calum's POV

Mom is being mean for being not able to call her when I didn't come home when I was with the guys. Until now, she's mad and she was punishing me to do all the house chores and go to the grocery store. She knows that I don't cook and yet she still makes me cook. Thank God Mali is there to help me. Guess I should say sorry over and over. We were on our way to the beach. In the car, I was in the backseat so I hugged my mom from behind. "Moooom... please forgive me. I'm really sorry. I regret it i swear. Pleeeeaaase mommy.?? Iloveyou." I said as kissed her cheek. "Fine... if you ever do that again, I'll hit your head." She said holding my head and rubbing it from behind and I kissed her cheek on more time. "I love you, mom." I said to her before pulling away. "I live you too." She said to me. "We're here !!!" Dad said and he pulled over. We hopped out of the car. I saw Luke, Michael and Ashton. It's 10:55pm. I walked to the guys. "Hey, Cal." Mike greeted me and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder while he drinking his soda. "Hey." I said back as I smiled. "Hey, Luke. Did you pick her up?" I asked Luke and he just nodded and pointed yo her directio and taking a sip of his soda. "You better go to her." Ash said to me and I nodded and smiled at them. "I better go to Nicole too." Mike said and Luke gripped Ashton so he wouldn't leavr hime. This cute penguin.

I walked to Jade and she was drinking a soda as well while watching the fire. "Hey." I said to her and she looked at me from behind she stood up ti face me. "Hey." She said back. "Miss me?" I asked walking closer to her while smiling. "You wish." She smiled and was about to turn her back to me but I grabbed her wrist. "C'mon. We have to join the others." I said to her while smiling. "Ok." She said and I walked closer to her and I held her face and kissed her forehead before we walked to th others. Jade greeted my family.

The time was near. Jade walked to the cottage. She was alone there so I decided to go to her. "Hey, what's the problem?" I asked. "Nothing. I was just having a seat." She said as I sat beside her. She smiled at me. Mali came running in. "Guys, 5 minutes. Light your lanterns !!!" She said and she ran again. I took Jade's hand and we ran to get our lanterns. We lit it and we were waiting dlfor the countdown....

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!" We counted down and the fireworks come flying through tge sky. They all released ther lanterns except for me and Jade. I glanced at her. She faced me as well. I smiled before I leaned in and kissed her passionately. We released our lanterns at the same time. The kiss lasted for about 4 seconds. "Happy New Year, Jade." I said to her while smiling and she was blushing. "Geeez, they're watching us..." she saod embarrassed and avoiding the looks of everyone. I looked around smiling. "It's ok." I said and I gave her a quick peck on the lips again.

We ate dinner and our families went straight home. As to us, Teenagers. I'm 19 just to let you know. Me, Jade, Michael, Luke,Ashton, Nicole and Rica. We set up our tents. Actually I wanna be alone with Jade. We set up 2 tents. One big tent for the 5 of them and one tent enough for me and Jade...