Chapter 7: The Birthday Celebration

Calum's POV

After we finished our food, she walked passed me and she smelled good. It must've been her perfume. And her hair smells luke apples and Man, I love apples. I closed the car door and started driving to her school. Her earphones was plugged in her ears. As soon as I parked, she got out of the car and whispered 'thank you' as she we waved goodbye. I saw a group of girls shooting glares at her but they can't do anything. I like her... And no one else.

I drove back to our Condominium and we started rehearsing and rehearsing.

....'Cause I've been having all these nightmares.'

I almost got it. But my problem was I still couldn't master the lyrics.. phew!

It was now 2:00pm and I already know how to do it. We mastered it and all we had to do was show it to her. We recorded it and saved it on a cute apple flash drive so she could listen to it anytime...

I saw Nicole and I told her to fix Jade and she agreed ... We all prepared for the party.

It was now 4:00pm and I decided to take a shower. I was in the shower feeling the splash of warm water to my body. I got out of the shower and I wore a white long sleeved dress shirt and a black tie and a black suite Jacket. I wore a black skin tight jeans and my black and white vans. I'm much more comfortable in skinny jeans. I didn't tuck my shirt. I just like it that way. I styled my hair and sprayed cologne all over me. As soon as I was ready, I took the box which had a gold necklace on it. It has a heart pendant. I bought it a while ago so I could give an extra gift for her to remember this day. I put the flash drive inside the small box and fits. I put the small black box in the pocket of my jacket. I decided to give it to her after the party...

Here goes nothing....

Jade's POV

I was being dressed up by Nicole and I knew they're up to something. I knew they were planning something for my birthday. I'm grateful that they're doing all this. But it isn't just enough. I want my parents.... :( she made me wear a black tight fitting dress that reached above my knees. She made me wear a pair of black socks and a black leather ankle boots. She curled my hair and did my make up. she gave my a white purse so I could put my wallet, lip gloss, iphone, power bank and earphones in it. I wore my purse and She left me all alone... I didn't notice that she was gone.

Now, where am I going?... I just receive a text from Calum told me to go to the 8th floor of some sort of Hotel. I wore a black hoodie and locked my door.

I just walked since it's very near from the condominum. I walked to the elevator and pressed 8. It wasn't long till I reached the 8th floor. It was so dark. I couldn't see a thing. I grabbed my phone and turned on my flashlight.

Calum's POV

"SURPRISE!!!! HAPOY BIRTHDAY, JADE EVANS!" We all yelled as the lights turned on. She fell to the ground. I walked to her and helped her up as I smiled. "You ok?" I asked smiling. "You guys gave me a heart attack." she said breathing heavily. Her mom and dad came running to her. She was shocked and she turned her face too look at me with wide eyes and I smiled at her. "I told you to trust me, didn't I?" I said smiling at her and left her with parents. They started hugging each other and tears flowing from Jade's eyes...

The party was going very well. Jade is sitting with her parents. One Direction started joking on stage which made everyone laugh. They called The Vamps and Brad started joking around with his band as well leaving 5SOS next. I joked about the moments I had with Jade not making it obvious to everyone. But I sure know that Jade knows what I'm talking about. After that, We made Jade sit on the middle to make her the queen as one by one goes on stage to give a short message and I guess her mom has the longest speech and started crying. Jade was just smiling at the ones who gave message.

Then it was finally my turn...

"Hey, Jade... You know have been hanging out pretty more often. We've been friends since high school and uh... I just wanted to say that you're pretty cool. Every guy had been dying to date you because I can tell you that you're beautiful, talented, kind, smart and so down to earth. I just wanted wish you a happy birthday since you deserve to have the best birthday ever. You're now 18 years old. We all love you, Jade."

I had finish my speech and she smiled at me and mouthed 'thank you'... We all finished our speech and after that. The DJ played slow songs straight...

Jade was being asked to dance by a lot of guys. One Direction, The Vamps, Mikey, Luke, Ash and her dad danced her. I let her dance with every boy. I'm going to ask her later so I would be his last. While I was waiting for her to finish dancing with a lot of guys, I danced with my mom, Mali, Luke's mom, Mikey's mom, Ash's mom, Nicole, Rica and Jade's mom....

Finally... she was free of dances so I approached her and held out my hand in front of her. She was sitting down so she looked uo at me so I just smiled at her before I asked her to dance. "May I dance with the birthday girl?" I said as I smiled. She smiled back and took my hand. We walked to the dance floor. I grabbed her right hand and hold it and I put his left on my shoulders as my right hand rested on her waist. We swayed to the music and 'Last First Kiss' By One Direction was playing.

Jade: You know you're the last one to ask me to dance, right?

Me: Yeah. I wanted to be your last.

Jade: And why is that?

Me: I just want to. Don't ask.

Jade: Fine then, Asian boy.

She said as she rolled her eyes and I just smiled. "I'm not an Asian. I'm Australian, Kiwi, and Scottish." I said. "I know. I just wanted to piss you off." She said glaring at me. "oh but I'm not." I said teasing her back. "Oh yeah?" she said looking back at me with sharp eyes. "Yeah." I answered as I leaned in to look at her dark brown eyes.

"You look beautiful, Jade... as always." I said smiling at her and she just stared at me. "I uh, thanks.. You look handsome too.. And I uh.." she stuttered. She must have been shock of what I just said. I mean it. She is. "Do you like my present for you?" I asked as I looked at her directly in the eyes. "You did all of this?" she asked. "Well, I planned it and the guys helped including Nicole and Rica. I just wanted to you know.. maybe make you happy in your special day." I said as I blushed. She stared at me like she wanted to say something but instead, her right hand let go of my hand and put on my shoulder. Now, both of her hands was resting on my shoulders while my hands rested on her waist as we moved to the music. I pulled her a little closer so we could stare at each other.

A little while later, the music ended and it turned into a party dance.