Chapter 25: Date

Jade's POV

This is the day I'm going on a date with Calum again. This is the second time. He went to Michael's house for a while so I could prepare myself. I brushed my teeth and showered. I blow dried my hair and curled it the usual way. I put on my red fitting blouse and my black skinny jeans and wore my black leather jacket before putting on my black and white converse. I put on my usual make up, accesories.But one thing I don't take off even though I'm bathing was the necklace that Cal gave me. I sprayed perfume all over my body. I don't want to bring any bags so I put my wallet on my pocket together with my phone and earphones. May phone rang and I answered it.

J: hello?

C: hey, missie.. I'll be waiting here. I'm outside.

J: No, you don't need to wait. I'm prepared.

C: Ok. I'll be here then. see ya.

He hang up so I went downstairs to see Mr. and Mrs. Hood and Mali. "You guys have a good time." Sayd Mr. Hood. I smiled at them. "You always look so beautiful." Mrs. Hood which turned my face into a shocked expression. "Oh.. um... Thank you so much. I'll be going, Mrs. and Mr. Hood,..Mali.." I said to them as I smiled before heading out the door. They just nodded and told me to have a good time. I ran to Calum and gave him a big smile. He smiled back. "You look punkish." He said and I took a look at my outfit and didn't take the smile off my face. "Really? I like it." I said to him and he laughed. "It's beautiful as always." He said before he opened the door for me.

"I can do it. You didn't have to." I said before hopping in. "I want to." He said before running to the other side and he droved us to McDonald's. We were talking about random stuff that we did when we were in high school while we were eating.

J: You seriously had a hard time before yoi became a great soccer player.

C: Yeah. I love soccer.

J: Me too.

C: I was chosen to represent Australia but I gave it up since I wanted to be in the band.

J: really?

C: Yeah... I have no regrets. I'm happy.

I smiled at him when he said that. I didn't think that Calum Hood, the bassist of 5 Seconds Of Summer will ever make a decision for his own happiness... It's quite good to know. "Where do you wanna go?" he asked me and I looked at him before I took the last bite of me burger. "You decide. You were the one who asked me out." I said and we stood up and head to the car. We were now at the parking lot. We headed towards the car. We reached the car and I grabbed his wrist stopping him. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Let's just use your car when we're going home. It would fun if we walk around." I said to him and he faced me holding both of my hands. "Sure." He said as he smiled.

So that's what happened... selfies, ice creams, starbucks, getting chased by fans shipping us, movies, more food, arcades... But the best part was when he held my hand and we ran away together until we lost them... until... It was now, 7:00pm and we decided to stay on the playground. We were drinking a soda while we sat there talking. I was swinging my leg back and fort.

Calum's POV

She was swinging her leg back and fort. I moved a little closer to her. "Hey." I said to her smiling. "Yeah?" she said as she took a sip of her soda. "Since you're a kid. Do you wanna play? We're the only ones here." I said to her still smiling. The cheesy smile I might add. She kicked my leg causing me to groan in pain. "Ow! that hurts! Would yoi stop kicking my leg?!" I said that and again she kicked my other leg. "Oh geez... What kind of girl are you? You fight like a gangster." I said again and she was about to hit me with her fist so I grabbed her wrist stopping her. "Why won't you stop teasing? I'm grown. I already graduated." She said to me. "I know. I just wanted to tease... You've grown up well." I smiled at her... "Now, c'mon. let's play." I said pulling her to the olayground to play. We played everything what's on the playground....

A little while later, we were exhausted so we sat down on the swing. "I'm so tired." I said whining and she just glared at me probably thinking that I was weird. "Why don't you go get us some frozen yogurt?" I said ordering her. hehehe. She turned her face to look at me. "Me?" she asked. "yes, you.... pleeeeaaaase.... I'm so tired." I said being such a baby to her. She glared at me and looked away. "PLEEEAAAASE." I said pleasing her. "Fine. Stay here." She stood up right after she said that.

Jade's POV

Geez, Calum is such a baby. I don't even know why did I have a crush on him.. I went to a store near the playground and and picked out two frozen yogurts. I chose strawberry for the both of us. I ran back to the playground with the cups of frozen yogurt in my hands. "Here." I said to him as I handed him the fozen yogurt. "Thanks." He said to me and I sat down beside him on the other swing. We ate our frozen yogurts. "Cal?" I said out of the blue and he turned his face to look at me in confusion. "huh?" He said as he scooped and ate his frozen yogurt.

J: thank you :)

C: for what?

J: You made me happy.

C: Really? that's good to hear then :)

J: I think this crush that I have for you had it's point.

Calum's POV

I smiled at her words knowing I can make her happy in all the ways I know."There's a reason for me to be happy here. Even though my parents aren't here. I haven't been this happy when my parents divorced. When you came back, you started cheering me up everyday. You gave me reasons to be happy. You made my birthday special, my graduation memorable.... I really don't know how to thank you enough... And I really don't know how to pay you back." those words just made my heart a little relaxed.