Just Tryna Do What Right take 2

"Welcome. Welcome to my kingdom after you m'lady." Watching him take a bow , I couldn't help but giggle a little; him catching this, he looks up at me and says, " Wow, that's a beautiful sound" being slightly confused I said, "What is?" Smiling down at me he replies "You, giggling it's beautiful" smiling like an idiot I said, "Thank you." Closing the front door, I walk further into the house, I gasped looking around, it was gorgeous.

Not having the best of everything growing up, I always appreciated the little things but this was beyond anything I've ever imagine.

"Kevin your home it's truly beautiful."

"It's a'ight." I just looked at him; you woulda thought I was saying his Tims looked cute or something. Clearing my throat I say, "So your Mom is she home? I don't wanna cause any problems. I'd like to get her ok with me staying here." He looked at me with amusement in his eyes and said, "Tamia, my mom doesn't live here."

"Oh....ok well your dad then?" Shaking his head "he doesn't live here either. Not that he would've even if I allowed him to", I looked at him curiously until what he said clicked.

'Even if I allowed him to'...

"You don't live with your parents do you?" I asked softly.

"No, it's just me and my baby bro and sis."

"Oh, I-I-I hope you don't mind me asking but how can you afford this place?"....

Kevin

Shit.

I knew I was gonna have to tell her the truth, after all she is gonna be staying here. Plus I didn't want any secrets between us, but the truth isn't something I'm actually proud of and she deserves the truth, but instead I heard myself say:

"I have some money in the bank plus I work a few odd jobs so... we do ok. So you ready to eat 'cause I'm starved" I ran my hand over my stomach to farther prove my point; walking over to kitchen I placed the food on the counter.

"Have a seat, I'll take care of everything," grabbing some plates I placed one in front of her and the other on the opposite side along with some forks and cups.

"So what cha wanna drink?" ....... Realizing she hasn't answered I turn around with my hand still on the fringe door; "Tamia.... Did you Hear m.." Catching a single tear fall from her eyes I forgot all about the fringe, leaving it wide opened. I cross the room to the kitchen table and leaned down to her eye level and asked, "Tamia, what's wrong why you crying?"

"Because ...."

"Go on you can tell me."

"Because besides mama no one ever been this kind and friendly towards me, and... I can't help it, just seeing how nice you're being to me I kinda feel loved....I know it's stupid why would you every love a girl lik..."

"Stop right there, and just why couldn't I love a girl like you huh? I don't want you to be so hard on yourself, things will get better don't worry; and if it gets a little bumpy I'll still be here no matter what got it?"

She nodded her hand she whispered, "Got it."

"Good now what cha want to drink?".....