after school

Oh I guess I should introduce myself I'm Tamia Campbell. I'm 15 and I'm what you might call a shy individual, a loner, and to be honest I'm fine with that living the life I live you kinda have to be.

Ya see I'm the big girl at my school not that I'm the only one, I guess I'm just the one they like to humiliate and make fun of....

I never really understood why, but they just do.

I know I'm not as pretty or as thin as some of the other girls but I'm okay in my skin--sometimes anyway and it's not just my school life either, it's my home life as well. My oldest sister Johanna, who's 18 and in her last year of high school; she's what they call an 'it girl' she also one of the people that makes my life a living hell. When we started attending the same school she made a list of things I should do while at school it's real simple actually it's basically entitles 3 things:

1. If passing each other keep my head down and continue walking.

2. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE CAN KNOW WE'RE RELATED.

3. And if I don't follow those simple rules get ready for an ass whooping.

And she wasn't playing on rule #3 I remember when I was in the bathroom when she walked in washing my hands I just said "hi sis." No one was around but the next morning I came to school sporting a busted lip thanks to her from then I tried my best to avoid her.

Then there Sean he's 16 he doesn't hit me but him just standing by while Johanna do as she please to me, hurt just as bad.

Thank God for mom though if it wasn't for her I'd probably lock myself inside my room but she always said "Never listen to what people might say you're beautiful as God made you" little did she know her eldest kids were a part of the people that always torn me down ...

Walking down the block on my way home, I heard someone yell, "There's the fat ass over there." turning my head to my left, I felt something being thrown at me. "Aahh!" I screamed. I quickly realized it was a chocolate milkshake; looking back to my left I saw they stopped. When the car doors opened, I recognized it was my sister and her friends.

"Let's fuck her up," Johanna said.

"Please don't hurt me, please." they laughed before saying "Don't beg it won't help your case."

They then grabbed me by my arms yanking me down and started kicking me.

"Please Johanna please stop." Saying that seem to be the wrong move cause as soon as I said that, she grabbed a hold of my hair pulling me to ground and start hitting me repeatedly. I felt my eye started to swell, and I was starting to feel faint; my ribs hurt when all of a sudden I heard someone yelled out "YO! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

Realizing someone was there; they ran off hopped in the car and sped off. All I could hear after that was "Tamia, shit you ok?" before everything went dark.