Morning After Part 2

Tamia

Oh my god! He's about to kiss me... Just stay cool Tamia.

Easier said than ... Ok more like thought, than done but you know what I mean.

As he leaned in closer, it felt kinda surreal my first kiss closing my eyes I braced myself for the sparks and passion I was about to feel.

But that never came, why you wonder his damn phone rang! Now I've never been a cursing type of girl but goddamn it! Couldn't it wait another 10 seconds? I wanted to stump and shout and throw that damn mood killer across the room but me being me, I didn't have the guts to tell him don't answer it. A part of me kinda hoped that whatever feelings he has for me would make him ignore it.

But instead he says "I gotta take this its work."

Nodding I wondered just what he did for work, he never did tell me, not that I even bother to ask.

Moving from the staircase he said, "Why don't you get something to eat while I handle this in my office for a little bit."

Office! What teenager has an office right? Oh God what's wrong with me? I'm staying in a house with a man I hardly know. I don't even know his last name he could be a serial rapist for all I know. Okay Tamia enough law and order for you.

Sigh

Watching him leave the room I couldn't help but check him out. I was watching his behind so closely, I didn't realize when he looked over his shoulder watching me staring 'til he said, "Like what you see?" making me jump.

Looking up to his face I went blank, first time doing anything outta my comfort zone and I get caught looking back down at my hands, I quickly said, "I'll be in the kitchen" not even waiting on a reply, I bolted for the kitchen door.

Entering the kitchen I relaxed; but froze when I saw what he did. He decorated the small table with a red and white table cloth, and on it were so many different types of food; even bacon, I love bacon I smiled when I saw a Valentine's card along with flowers: Lilies, my favorite.

I was so caught up in my thoughts, I didn't realize he enter the room 'til he spoke up; "You like?" Without turning around I said, "It's beautiful."

"No you're beautiful, this just decorations." Moving closer to me he said, "they ran outta roses at the flower shop so I just th..."

Spinning around to face him I quickly said "They're perfect, thank you. I love lilies."

I smiled when I saw the relief on his face "Good, let's eat."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Being so nice to me, you know as much about me as I do about you, so why?"

"Why not? Hmm, Tamia why are you here? Looking up at him I search for the right words "I trust you."

"Then trust me when I say, you somehow give me hope, Thank you," he says smiling.

"What you thanking me for now." I said smiling back at him.

"For being you." With that we ate and talked pretty much about bout everything his last name is Taylor and he's 18.

Thank god he's not pedophile oh shut up Tamia.

I kept smiling like a fool and for the first time in my life I felt ok to be me. "What you so happy 'bout?"

So I answered him truthfully, "All of this, I've never been treated so, so..."

"You deserve it. Every girl should have the world given to them on V day so get used to it 'cause there's more to come." Standing up, he takes the dishes and places them in the dishwasher while I sat there shocked.

"Come on get a move on, we got plans so let's go." Taking my hand, he grabbed the car keys and we headed for the door.

We walked to the car; he opens the door for me, closes it and walks over to the driver's side. We put on our seatbelts; he looks at me and says, "Ready?"

Knowing what he was really asking I hesitated; holding my hand he says, "We don't have to go if you're not ready I understand...." with my head lower I stutter "I-l"

"Why don't I just buy you some new clothes, we really don't have to go."

That woke me up, "No, you've done enough... I'm ready."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm ready." Looking into his eyes I gave his hand a small squeeze.

"Alright here we go," starting up the car I went blank, something I normally did whenever I was scared and didn't wanna deal.

But I guess Kevin caught on to what I was doing 'cause he stopped the car.

What's with him always stopping in the middle of the road?

Turning to me he said "Stop that, stop going off to never never land, it's gonna be ok, alright."

Beep! Beep!

Looking behind us there was another car blowing its horn repeatedly.

"Kevin, I think we should...."

Beep! Beep! Beeeeppp!!

"Forget them; I wanna hear you answer me."

"Okay."

"Okay what?" He smirked, rolling my eyes I said,

"Okay, I'll stop going off to never never land." Looking down he snapped my head back up:"And stop looking down, you have no reason to be scared or shy with me okay. I wanna always be able to look into those pretty brown eyes of yours."

"Ke..."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Okay, can we go now before whoever that is gets outta their car?"

Laughing he says, "As you wish" and with that we took off to my house.