Going home

Tamia

When he said that to me my heart stopped, why does he even care anyway. I met him once and yet he's here, but why? Guys like him don't talk to girls like me.

"I'm stupid and fat I don't deserve to be happy; who am I kidding I've never been happy. I'm tired I'm just tired." I whispered to myself crying softly before falling back into a deep sleep...

3 hours later....

Mama came back so the doctor could talk to her, hopefully I'll get lucky and I won't have to leave today. I don't wanna go home, not when Johanna is there; she'll just finish what she started and I don't wanna have to deal with it. Because as soon as mama's not looking she's gonna hurt me and I have no one to defend me.

Don't cry Tamia don't give her the satisfaction...

"Hello, Mrs. Campbell. Tamia, how are you feeling today?"

"...Sore"

"That was to be expected, you're lucky to only have a few bruises it could've been a lot worse."

Lucky? Really cause I sure as hell don't feel like it...

"When can she go home doctor?"

Oh God, please don't say today please, I chanted over and over to myself.

"She'll be able to go home today if she likes."

Great, just great

"I'll go get your discharged papers ready."

"Thanks you doctor!" My mother said all excited while I mumbled "thanks a fucking lot doc."

"Now baby I brought you some clean clothes why don't you put these on and I'll wait for you outside."

"Okay."

Getting ready was a challenge since basically my whole body was sore and in pain, but after 15 minutes I finally finished thank God.

Opening the door I saw mama and Kevin sitting, waiting on me.

Why is he still here?

"I'm ready let's sign out and go." I said all while looking down at the ground.

"Okay baby come on." Walking to the front desk I stood back and let mama take care of it; meanwhile I could feel Kevin glaring at me I just kept my head down playing with my fingers.

"Alright sweetie let's go home." Stepping outside I said a quick goodbye to Kevin, about to walk to the bus stop with mama since mama car was in the shop 'til she said, "Baby Kevin here is giving us a drive home."

Say what!

"Oh okay."

About to open the back door mama says "baby why don't you sit up front with your friend."

Oh God kill me now.

On the ride home the drive was weirdly silence it got so bad mama noticed and she never notice anything. That's why we finally got there I was praising Jesus after mama got out I once again turned to Kevin and said goodbye, only to be stopped by him whispering to me so mama couldn't here.

"I don't know what really happened and just why you're protecting these people but I will find out with or without your help Tamia. So I'm asking one last time, who did this to you?" My heart was now racing why won't he just stop?

"Why do you even care?" I asked trying to keep my voice from breaking.

"'Cause you don't deserve this no one does."

"Yes I do, I'm worthless." Taking my face in his hands he says, "Baby you might be a lot of things but worthless ain't one of them, don't let anyone tell you any different."

Sigh...

"Now who was it?"

"You have to promise you won't tell, please."

"I can't make that promise Tamia, you know that."

"Then I can't tell you." With that I got out of his car and went inside; looking out the window I watched him pull off.

How I wish I could tell you Kevin but I just can't I'm sorry....