Oh So You're Ashley.. Part 2

After second period, as soon as the bell rung alerting us it was now lunch, I throw my things in my locker literally and head for the cafeteria to meet up with Asia'Nae and my giraffe....

Hey! Don't be judging my choice of nickname for him.

I mean with us standing next to each other is like Chris Bosh and his wife standing together, we might look weird to some people but that's mine right there, you can look but you better not touch, remember that. Walking down the hall with the rest of the hungry bellies, I spotted Eric talking to his brainless friend Carter; I can't stand his black ass. He has to be the most egotistic pretty face I've ever met, not to mention he's a male whore.

I'm just calling it as I see it...

"Hey Eric, —Carter."

"Seraiiii..."

"Damn, negro you ain't got to stretch my name out like that," I said rolling my eyes. Carter and I have no feelings for each other. Seriously if he was on fire and I had a hose, I'd get a kiddie pool, fill that sucker up in front of him and lay in it with a smile as he burned. Looking back to Eric I said, "You ready?" "Yeah, see you after school, C."

"A'ight, later midget."

"See ya, Gonorrhea." See, the feeling's mutual...

Heading towards the cafeteria I look at Eric, he here smiling and shit. Remembering the stare down this morning I figured it was time to slap some sense into him, let me demonstrate...

SMACK!!

"What the fu — Serai!" Looking up at him, I smiled. "We need to talk."

Rubbing the back of his neck he says "Ugh, about what, Serai," sounding annoyed.

"Lose the 'tude unless you want my hand to visit upside yo head again, so don't try me."

"Tr — if I remember clearly 1) you ain't my mama and 2) I'm older than you."

"Then act like it!" I yelled, finishing up with another smack to the head.

"You got one more time, Serai! Now what the fuck you hitting me for?"

"Two words, Amy, dumbass. See what I did there," I said smiling.

"Yeah, yeah whatever and I don't know what you talking about."

Looking around us to see the hallway was practically empty I looked back at him I said, "Uh huh, I'm talking 'bout y'all little stare competition you was having earlier. Does that ring any bells, mhmm?"

"What you expect me to do? She doesn't want the attention. I'm not just any guy and she knows being with me publicly will only cause people to question, hate and envy our relationship."

"Hold up — what kinda guy are you? Cause I must have missed the memo."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yep," I said looking up at him waiting patiently, even though we all know I ain't got any.

"Popular, Serai," he said flatly. "Plus I'm thinking 'bout joining the basketball team which equals more attention," he finished grinning, well that was quick...

Gasping loudly I got all dramatic with it, "Popular! You lie, I don't believe it!" Rolling his eyes I stepped closer to him, poking a finger in his chest.

"Answer me this, you want to be with her?"

"More than you can imagine."

"Then you show her, she's scared of the attention and what people might say. You stand by her, protect her from it. As long as you're there she'll be happy, stupid. Now get the stepping my ass is hungry," I said pulling him towards the cafeteria.