The Day Comes To A End...

Serai

Heyyy what's up lovies? I'm Serai as you probably already know. The overprotective dufus over there, yeah that's my brother Kev; boy got me over here like I was working the Underground Railroad preparing this surprise for his girlfriend Tamia. Yep you heard me I said girlfriend; he can't tell me nothing I ain't blind. So just you watch and when it happens, I can't wait to rub it in his face as well as the non-believers who didn't take my word for it. After helping him putting everything together I just wanted to relax. I was about to leave the room when he stops me and says, "I need one more favor." Stumping my feet I said, "What now?" "I need you to...." After telling me his plan I perked up and solute him while saying "Roger that, captain." Running up the stai... "No running!" Ughh sometimes he acts like an old man rather than the eighteen year old he is...

Like lighten up man damn...

Opening my door I look for everything I'll need to prep myself.

Leaving the room I walked down the hallway to Kevin's room where Tamia was staying. I knocked and half yelled, "Are you decent?"

Shyly she answered "Y-Yes." Barging in I saw her sitting on the bed staring up at me not uttering a word.

"Hi! I'm Serai, I'm Kevin's little sister." I said brightly with a smile on my face, hoping to ease her nervousness.

"I'm Tamia, nice to meet you."

"Likewise"

"I'm sorry, but did you want something?" She asked quietly.

"Well ya see the dufus downstairs kinda have something planned for you, nuh-uh don't ask me my lips are sealed." I said when I saw her getting ready to question me.

"I'm just here to help you get ready as well as give you this." Handing her a shopping bag she asked, "What is it?"

"Honestly I have no idea; he wouldn't let me see so your guess is as good as mine."

Glancing at the bag I tried to encourage her and said, "Well don't keep me guessing, open it." Smiling a shy like smile she did just that; revealing a knee length black and blue dress with a belt attached.

"Ooohh cutee, who woulda thought my brother, had taste when it came to picking out dresses."

"Yeah who woulda thought, well thanks for bring it to me."

"Oh hun, we're not done yet. Now sit your behind in this chair and let me work my magic. Well let's get to it."

"Okay" patting the seat for her to sit I did my thing.

One Hour Later...

Kevin

Knocking on the door, it was quickly snatched open by Serai; "What 'cha want?" She said with enough attitude to make you think twice 'bout answering. "When y'all gonna be finish in there."

"Boy you can't rush perfection, now give me five more minutes to put the finishing touches on my masterpiece, then she'll be down."

"You do know she's not a painting right?"

"Shushh! And give me my five minutes." Not even getting a chance to answer she slammed the door in my face. Taking a deep breathe, I went back downstairs to finish getting dressed. In exactly five minutes and thirty seven seconds I headed for the stairs; only to be stopped in my tracks by Tamia and Serai standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"I did good huh." Unable to take my eyes off of Tamia, Serai said, "Look at that you got him speechless; haha okay I'ma go back upstairs."

Giving Tamia a quick hug she turns to me and says, "I'm watching you, Madea style." Giggling she ran back upstairs to her room.

Clearing my throat, "You look beautiful," I said huskily. "Thank you." Taking her hand in mine, I took her through the kitchen towards the back; "Close your eyes," I said. Closing her eyes I guided her outside where we we'd be having dinner "Open." When she does her eyes go wide when she sees what we've been up to. "Oh my God this is so pretty, you shouldn't have Kevin." "Yeah but I wanted to." I said placing a kiss on the back of her hand.

I had the whole yard decorated with twinkle lights; with one single table in the center of it all covered with a white table cloth, with our main course as well as two brightly lit candles as the center piece. Still holding her hand I lead her to the table. Pulling out her seat for her she said, "Thank you." I took a seat across from her and she asked, "So this is what you been up to all day?" "Yeah, you like it?" "Like it? I love it, you're truly amazing Kevin, you really are." "Well you know I try." Sharing a laugh we just sat and talked.

It's surprising how much I can just talk whenever I'm with her, when I hardly do with others. "Before I bore you with my yapping; here."

Handing her a small gift bag she said, "Thank you, and you could never bore me no matter how hard you try."

Smiling I said, "Well open it."

Opening it she looks up at me and says, "Keys?"

"Yeah, to show you that you do have a family as well as a home with me, Serai, and Eric of course." Looking into her eyes I see the tears building, she gets outta her seat she pulls me up, and hugs me while saying, "Thank you Kevin, you have no idea how much this means to me." Pulling away from her I said, "I think I do." Still looking into her eyes I felt something, I can't explain it; it took everything in me not to kiss her senseless. Only to have her pull me by my shirt collar and do just that.