Just Chilling...

Kevin

Gorgeous, just absolutely gorgeous.....

Looking up Tamia says, "Huh?" Blinking repeatedly like I was in some kinda trance I said, "What?"

"Did you say something Kevin?"

"Uh..no."

"Oh okay," smiling shyly she lowered her head back to this old ass book she found in the family room.

Me, I was watching a basketball game on TV.... Well trying to anyways but my eyes kept drifting back to her; she looks so fucking adorable....

What the hell? Did I just say adorable? What is she doing to me man?

I mean just sitting here in a simple oversize T-shirt and a pair of b-ball shorts.

I'ma need to take her shopping for some shit to wear and soon.

Knock knock knock...

Both looking at the door I yell "Coming!" Getting up off the couch, I opened the front door not having the chance to say a word; I'm yelled at, "Where the hell is my daughter?!" I glare at Tamia's mother trying my hardest not to let my anger get the best of me.

Stepping aside I let her in, 'cause in all honesty I still couldn't wrap my head around the whole episode that happen today. There's no way you can tell me this woman didn't know what was going on with her daughters. Shit with Tamia being so tight lipped bout everything I don't know what to think, but one things' for sure Tamia ain't setting foot outta this house unless I know for sure she'll be safe .

"Mrs. Campbell, now I don't mean no disrespect but I'ma need you to tone it down a little, l got my brother and sister asleep upstairs." Walking back into the family room I made eye contact with Tamia trying to read her and all I saw was newfound sadness; but as soon as Mrs. C saw her she rushed her with hugs and kisses, if anyone else saw this it'd probably look like a mother showing her daughter she loved her but like in the real world looks are always deceiving.

"Mrs. C, I know you probably talked to um..."

Tamia decided to help me out "Johanna," jaw twitching I said, "Yeah, Johanna" with distaste. "I did, and I wanna know one good reason I shouldn't call the cops on yo ass putting your hands on my oldest daughter then basically kidnapping my other!" "What? Yo if you don't calm yo old as...."

Tamia

"Stop!" Both still looking at each other.

"Mama, Kevin didn't do anything if anything he saved me."

"Baby what are you talking about Johanna said...." "Mama Johanna says a lot of things but never means any of it."

"What are you talking about Tamia" she repeated taking a deep breathe I moved closer to her taking her hands in mine

"Mama remember that time I broke my wrist?" "Yeah you said it was a volleyball accident in PE."

"Yeah, how 'bout the time I busted my lip at home?"

SLAM!!!!!!

Jumping slightly at the noise I kept my eyes on my mother, knowing Kevin was throwing a fit right across the room wasn't helping me at all right now.

Sigh, God all I do is cry these days.

"Johanna, mama she's the reason behind all of my little freak accidents; she's the reason I was in the hospital" looking at my mother I started to panic.

Why isn't she saying anything...?

"Mama?"