I'm In Pain Not Dying, Gosh!

Tamia

By the time we reached home Serai was sitting as stiff as a board with her eyes closed. For a while I thought she was sleeping, but every so often hitting a speed bump her calm and peaceful expression would change to a hurt, painful one.

Quickly hopping out of the car, I rushed to her side taking my time by gently helping her out the car. I wrapped my arm around her waist to hopefully help shift her weight off her side. "You're gonna be okay Serai, I got you."

"It really hurts Tamia."

"I know just hold on to me." Quickly unlocking the front door I continue to leading her inside.

"KEVIN... KEVIN! HELP!" Within seconds Kevin came running downstairs. "WHAT HAPPENED?!" he yelled, lifting Serai up bridal style. She was so quiet my heart started hammering against my chest.

"TAMIA!!" snapping out of it I snapped my head towards him.

"When I got there she and Johanna were..." was all I got to say before he screamed, "This is the second time that bitch fucked with mine, I ain't letting it slide this time Tamia. I swear on everything I love I'm a get her."

"I think Tamia might have beaten you to the punch Kev," we both looking down at Serai to see her give us a weak smile. "What you mean, what does she mean Tamia?"

Uncomfortably looking at my fingers I mumbled, "I kind of knocked her bloody unconscious, literally on the sidewalk of the bus stop."

"And I've never been more proud, in pain but proud never the less," Serai quietly said, still wrapped up in Kevin arms.

"Kevin put me down; I'm hurt on my side I'm not dying - sometime today please." Slowly but surely he gently put her down; now standing she rest her hand on her side, flinching a little.

"We gotta get you checked out," Kevin said, voicing my thoughts exactly. "No, no doctors I'll be fine."

"You got to be shitting me, Serai I'm not about to argue with y--"

"Good."

Growling he says," I'll call Maddie and see if she can come take a look at you for all we know it could be broken. In the meantime take some aspirin and relax okay, please."

Sighing she nods.

"Um who's Maddie?"

"Maddie is a med student I met awhile back when we first got here, she's helped me out every now and then, hopefully she'll be able to tell us how bad Serai here is hurt."

"Well until she gets here come on Serai let's get you upstairs."

Heading upstairs with my arm around Serai's waist helping her as much as I can to keep the pressure off her side, Kevin stops us.

"Wait, just outta curiosity where were Eric and Kaden when all of this took place?"

"Basketball tryouts."

Nodding he said, "A'ight I'll call Maddie."

**********

About a bath and two Advil later Serai was in her room resting as we waited on this "Maddie" character; well I waited, Kevin just kept pacing when out of nowhere he stopped and began questioning me yet again!

"For the fifth time I don't know who the other chick was okay!" I yelled.

As he was about to ask another question the front door opened.

"Thank God!" I mumbled under my breath. I stood up from the couch as Eric and Kaden stepped in our view. "Where is she?!" Kaden asked as soon he saw us.