Proposal

Joel and Mrs. Vey were at lunch when Michael and Taylor walked in. Joel and Mrs. Vey's back was turned to them. Michael froze then turned around trying to leave. Taylor grabbed his arm and led him to the corner of the cafeteria.

"Why do you not like Joel?" She asked quietly.

"I do like Joel. It's just hard to watch my mom with someone that isn't my dad." He said looking down.

"Oh, I know it's hard but don't you want your mom to be happy?" She asked rubbing his arm.

"You know I do. It is just hard. I know I'll get used to it though."

"Why don't you and me walk over to them and learn more about each other?" Taylor suggested

"Eh, I guess."

They walked over and Mrs. Vey looked up and said. "Hey guys! How are you two today?"

"We're good. Mind if we sit?" Taylor asked

"Of course not."

Michael sat between his mother and Taylor.

"So how are y'all today?" Joel asked trying to start a convocation.

"Pretty good. What about you guys?" Taylor said nudging Michael so he would look up instead of the floor.

"We're doing great. Michael can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Umm.....sure." Michael responded uneasily

They walked outside the cafeteria.

"Michael, I really care and love you and your mother. I was wondering if it would be ok with you if I asked her to marry me?" Joel asked

Michael was frozen in shock.

"Uh, Michael?" Joel said snapping his fingers in front of his face.

"Oh! Sorry. If you and my mother really care for each other and you will protect her then I would be totally ok with it." Michael responded.

"Thanks Michael, I will."

They walked back into the room where Taylor and Mrs. Vey were talking. They both turned around and smiled.

"I was wondering if you guys would ever come back?" Mrs. Vey said laughing.

"Well me and Michael are going for a walk. We'll see you two later." They waved goodbye and started walking to a path through the woods.

"So...what did Joel and you talk about?" She finally asked

"He asked if I was cool with him marring my mom."

"What did you say?"

"I said if he cared and protected my mom it was ok with me."

"So...he's going to propose!! She squealed.

They continued their walk while Taylor talked about what the wedding would look like while Michael just smiled.

Hey y'all! If you're reading this please vote and request any one-shots.
Hope y'all started the new year off right!