NOLA Baby (part1)

Okay Honeybees I was writing but it seemed like its gonna be a long chapter and it seems like yall don't really like longgggg chapters at one time. So Here is a piece of it and I have the other half that is almost done. If you get this to 100+ votes and 50 comments I will finish the other half and post it tonight. Don't kill me cause I know yall go ham for Detrick and Dessiah but this part has someone that you need to pay attention to because this book is going to take a turn. Lets vote and get these comments up. Muah

NOLA Baby

"Delaney do you think Mommy would want ice cream?" Detrick asked looking up from his cup of frozen yogurt. Detrick had picked her up from school since it was early release day. "I don't think she would. You remember how long she was in the bathroom last time we got ice cream?" Delaney responded.

"I thought she said she was fixing her make up?"

"Yea on the toilet!" Detrick laughed at how forthcoming Delaney was with information. This little girl didn't hold back and was honest as they come. It was something he wouldn't change about her, ever. "Yea, maybe we shouldn't get it for her. Besides it would melt by the time she gets it anyway."

"Exactly." Delaney agreed. Finishing her last spoonful she went to the strawberry water cooler to get a cup of water. She stood there for a minute taking cup after cup to the head.

"Delaney don't you think you've had enough?"

"You can never have too much water Detrick." He smirked. She was right. "Do you want some?" Delaney offered.

"Sure." Detrick took the cup and found the fruit infused water quite refreshing. When reaching for more he got this weird feeling like he was being watched. There was this unsettling feeling in his gut. Turning around he looked out the glass window and saw normal patrons passing through the mall. Nothing suspicious but that feeling hadn't left him. Ignoring the feeling he gathered their garbage to throw away and headed on their way. Walking through the mall Detrick and Delaney looked at the many display windows pointing out the things that interest them.

"Detrick I have to go to the bathroom."

"That was fast."

"Why did you let me drink all of that water?" Delaney started to squirm holding in her pee.

"Let you? I do remember a certain someone saying there is no such thing as too much water." He looked down at her.

"What do I know? I'm a kid." Detrick laughed.

"Okay I think the bathroom is almost on the other side of the mall. I mean at least past the food court."

"I'm not going to make it. I have to go now!" Delaney danced in her school uniform pulling on the bottom of her plaid dress with crossed legs.

"Oh no you're going to make it."

"How? It's too far."

"Because I'm going to carry you." Detrick swooped her in his left arm as if she were a rag doll and took off running through a crowd of people towards the restroom. "Excuse me. Excuse us!" Detrick ran like she was a football he was trying to make the final touchdown. What would have taken ten minutes took him four. "Okay we made it." Letting her down easy.

"Thanks I got it from here."

"Okay make sure you wash your hands and don't sit on the toilet."

"I won't. I'll be back." She yelled running into the restroom. Detrick reached for his phone to give Dessiah an update but she must have had the same thought in mind because she was calling him. He smiled.