Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)

*Song from car*
   The next morning had been one that was dreadful and exciting all at the same time. Riding to the airport Dessiah, Delaney, and Lisa listened to Ricky Smiley morning devotion. They sang Charles G Hayes & Warriors “Jesus can work it out”. Delaney took lead while her mother and Lisa were her choir. Clapping together and dancing in their seat Delaney was serious in the back seat singing on key as if she were in the pulpit. Dessiah turned around to see her looking as if she were attempting to reach the masses with a testimony. All she could do was laugh and think who is this child? Not an ad liv was missed or a key off Delaney sang like she believed every word.

“Lisa what time is it?” Dessiah asked.

“About 6:15am don’t worry you have time.”

“I’m just nervous that’s all.”

“Mama, didn’t you just hear what I said? Jesus is gonna work it out!” Delaney said with a duh look on her face.

“Yes, Delaney I heard you baby.” They pulled up in front of Delta airlines check point. Dessiah reached for the door and Delaney touched her shoulder pulling her back.

“Mama aren’t we gonna pray?”

“Oh, yes baby.” She said lowering the radio’s volume.

“Can I do it mom? I’ve been practicing since Sister Tina showed me how.” Dessiah smiled and nodded taking each other’s hand, they all bowed their head.

“Dear Lord thank you for another day. Forgive us for our sins and transgressials..-

“Baby its transgressions.” Dessiah corrected.

“Mama I’m talking to Jesus here.” Delaney said with one eye open.

“Hey, watch your mouth I’m correcting you.”

“Yes but mommy doesn’t he know all things?”

“Yes.” Dessiah answered.

“Then I’m sure he knew what I meant.” Dessiah mouth opened to speak.

“She does have a point!” Lisa interjected. Dessiah closed her mouth and bowed her head allowing Delaney to continue.

“Now! I’m sorry Lord, as I was SAYING… forgive us for our sins and… problems.” Dessiah narrowed her eyes at Delaney.

“Especially me Jesus, please forgive me for eating the rest of the oreos pack last night. I’m sorry Lord but the Devil made me do it. He had them call my name and you said if you seek me with your whole heart you will find me. Well Jesus, they seeked me and I found them, right on the couch. We had a delicious time Lord just delicious.”

“Delaney!” Dessiah called sternly.

“Lord we’ll talk about that later. Please watch over my mommy as she travels across the world. Please put your angels around her and the plane that she will be on. Protect her and the people on the plane. Don’t let my mommy get evola going over there.”

“That’s Ebola!”Dessiah corrected.

“Mom, he knows.” She responded frustrated.

“Will you let the girl pray?” Lisa said.

“Sorry again Jesus, don’t let my mommy get sick.  Be with her so that she can do her job and not eat that dead raw fish or she will get worms. Let the Angels use their wings to fly the plane because if that plane drops out the sky then me and the Angels are going to have a mean talk with the airport. I thank you for Aunty Lisa and let us get home safe. I’m trusting you with my mommy Lord please take care of her and don’t let her be scared because I know you are with us. I love you Lord. In Jesus name we pray amen.”