Set The Record Straight

WHERE MY REAL HONEYBEES AT? HOLLA! OKAY SO IF YOU READ MY LAST BOOK UNTIL YOU COME BACK TO ME YOU KNOW WHEN I SAY GET A SONG... THAT MEANS GET THE DAMN SONG LOL BECAUSE YOUR ABOUT TO GO ON ANOTHER LEVEL. SO ILL MAKE THIS SHORT. I POSTED THE SONG UP TOP INCASE YOU COULDNT FIND IT. DONT PLAY IT UNTIL YOU SEE A PART IN THE CHAPTER THAT SAYS *PLAY SONG* . AS SOON AS YOU SEE THAT PRESS PLAY AND THEN KEEP READING. NO MATTER WHAT NOT UNTIL U SEE IT PLEASE!! ONCE YOU DO READ IT WITH THE SONG.********

She walked in the room and slammed the door behind her. Delaney and Detrick say at the coffee table playing with her laptop while Paris played with her dolls and Alec laughed at her childlike state.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" She yelled.

"What was what?" He responded.

"You being a complete asshole to someone who has done nothing to you."

"You mad? What did I spoil your picture perfect moment with him?" He stood from the floor and sat on the couch. "In my opinion you're wasting your time." He leaned back adjusting his clothes.

"Detrick no one asked for your opinion." Dessiah responded.

"You didn't need to ask for my opinion when it's a fact that he wanted to leave. You're the one chasing behind him LIKE SOME DAMN LOST PUPPY!" His matched hers and Paris knew that was never good.

"Umm Delaney why don't we go down stairs and fly the kite." Alec asked smiling.

"Ummm okay. Are you sure?"

"Very. Come on Paris." He stood and Delaney went to get her kite.

"Uhh ugh you guys go ahead I wanna stay and watch this." Paris sat amused and Alec pulled her up by her hand towards the door. "Babe I want to stay." She whined.

"Paris I will put you over my shoulder, come on." Alec spoke with authority.

"Ooo promise." She said smiling seductively.

" We'll be back mommy." Delaney said giving her a hug. "Bye Mr. D."

"Not bye. I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here when you come back." Delaney smiled and closed the door behind her. Dessiah picked up the cake off the table and went to the kitchen. She threw the knife in the sink and sighed heavily. Turning around to face Detrick who was way to comfortable but office he was upset.

"Detrick what are we doing?" She asked with her hands rested on the counter. They were each on either sides of the room. "I mean seriously, One minute we get along and another your disrespectful, arrogant, possessive, inconsiderate, egotistical, Jackass. Then other moments you're so kind and friendly." He looked up in her direction.

"You say all that to then say I'm kind and friendly. RealLy!?"

"Detrick!"

"Fine I want you." He said nonchalantly and Dessiah's eyes widened not expecting him to admit what she suspected.

*PLAY SONG*repeat if necessary.

"Wait what? Why?"

"Because."

"Because of what?" She pressed. He sighed heavily.

"Because from the day you walked in my office I knew there was something about you that made me care even though I didn't want to show it. When I found out you were and remembered when we first met everything made sense. Then I couldn't sleep without wondering if you and Delaney were okay. If you were safe. Comfortable....happy. I want to be there for the both of you anytime you need an even when you don't think you need me I still want to be there, in your corner." Dessiah could barely breathe. Never had a man said something like that to her. But then a thought came to her, why did he feel this way once he knew who she was? Did he just see her a charity case?