No Harm No Known Foul

This is Dedicated to Laytosha who went above and beyond to get her update. She went hard for the votes. I love you so much.  I'll Make this easy for you. Get this chapter to 75 votes and  45 comments and I will update another chapter tonight after this chapter.

It was late when Dessiah had gotten home. She had missed the dinner that Detrick prepared. A delicious pan of enchiladas, refried beans, and yellow rice. Delaney had already been put to bed. Dessiah couldn't bring herself to come inside and look him in the face to say she was still married. Although she hadn't seen her husband in almost two years, she was still fearful of how Detrick would react. She had spent hours sitting in her car in the Target parking lot trying to prepare for the worst and hoping for the best outcome. "Detrick, I want you to know how much you mean to me and I should tell you that I'm still married to my ex." No that's umm too straight to the point. "Detrick you are such an amazing person and I want a future with you which is why I feel the need to be completely honest with you. You should know, you deserve to know, I want you to know that I am still married to the son of bitch husband of mine. I'm getting a divorce and have to go to New Orleans to kick him out of the house that that sack of shit tried to steal from me!" Maybe I shouldn't call him a sack of shit. Yea just son of a bitch. But then again I like his mom. Dessiah focus girl! Okay. "Detrick you are the most amazing man that I have ever met in my life. I must be completely honest with you because I see a future with you.... No. No. Because I want a future with you. I am still married to my ex and I need to go to New Orleans to settle everything with my grandmother's estate and serve him divorce papers." Perfect! That's perfect! I'll just say that to him. Whew! God please be with me when I speak to him tonight. Let him be understanding. Please. In Jesus name.

Looking down at the clock in her car that read 10:45pm she decided to peel herself out of the car and go inside. She sat in front of her house for some time. Taking a deep breath she made her way up the stairs to her apartment. Opening the door she saw him lying on the couch with his head back and mouth wide open asleep. She smiled and how crazy he looked and how bad she wanted to climb on top of him, lay her head on his chest and allow the sound of his heartbeat to put her to sleep as it had for many nights before. Bending over she gently kissed him on his forehead. Slowly he opened his eyes relieved to see her. "Hey baby. I was worried about you. I thought about sending out a search party." He chuckled. Dessiah smirked removing her jacket to put on a hanger in the closet. She didn't respond and remained staring at the closest encouraging herself to say the inevitable.

"Yea, sorry Detrick I had somethings on my mind that I needed to think about."

"Is everything okay?" He asked standing behind her.

"Yea. It will be I guess."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Then why haven't you turned around to look at me yet? Or kissed me?" She turned around wrapping her arms around his neck and what she intended to be a peck he took for more. Letting his tongue search her mouth for the taste that he craved all day. She was like a candy that he was addicted to and would never give up. He moaned into her mouth and she melted in his arms. An inner voice reminded her to speak up. Dessiah broke off the kiss. Looking into her eyes Detrick sense something was wrong as if she were holding something back.

"Baby are you sure you're alright?" He asked concerned.

"Yes. No. No Detrick I we should talk." Dessiah took a seat on the couch.

"Okay. What's up babe?"

"Well you remember how my ex treated me?"

"Yea."

"And everything that happened with my grandmothers estate?"

"Yea." He answered bright eyes on high alert.