Official Chapter "Altered Plans"

Okay guys this is an update cause yall been asking. Its short but just something cause I don't want to keep yall waiting. Enjoy.

"Oh my Goodness Paris it's beautiful. I can't believe you're getting married! I'm so happy for you sweetheart." Dessiah hugged Paris tightly.

"Thank you. I'm so excited and every bit of nervous. I mean me, a Parisian, who would have thought." Paris took a seat in front of Dessiah's desk.

"Well dreams have a way of coming true and God never misses a prayer. What were his parents like?"

"Amazing! His father is so loving and kind. His mother his so excited she doesn't know what to do with herself. She is already thinking up baby names."

"Baby names?" Dessiah asked with an arched brow. "You have something you want to tell me?"

"No! Hahaha absolutely not! Future grandbabies which I would bet my life would be spoiled. Dessiah we went to their house and it was like a small castle. It was incredible like nothing I've ever seen before. You would never know how much money they have unless you see it because they are so humble. I finally see where Alec gets it from."

"That is wonderful. Have you guys set a date yet?"

"Well not officially because we're going to be planning in the states and Paris. However the wedding will be in Paris. His parents are going to try and get the church where they got married which was Alec's dream so the date will depend on that. I doubt it will be a long engagement. De I'm so happy." Paris jumped up and down like a child bursting with joy.

"I know you are and you deserve this and so much more. Did you tell Detrick?"

"Yes." Paris's face changed into a slight frown. "He's a little perturbed with me right now."

"Why?"

"I resigned and gave him my two weeks' notice."

"What?! Why?"

"Hahaha that was his reaction. Hmmm you guys are rubbing off on each other after all." Dessiah smiled calming herself.

"Sorry. Why so soon?" Dessiah readjusted her tone.

"Well I'm going to be dedicating myself to planning my wedding and preparing to move to Paris. Plus I have to hire someone to make minor adjustments to the bakery."

"That's understandable."

"Detrick doesn't seem to think so."

"He'll come around I'm sure."

"He better because I'm expecting him to walk me down the aisle!" Paris stood from her seat and fixed her clothes preparing to walk out the door.

"That's sweet Paris."

"Let me get back to work before grumpy has a tantrum. I think he wants to see you."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because he told me to tell you he wanted to see you before I came in here. Hahaha." They both laughed. "I needed to give you the run down girl. I'm sure he's still in his office."

"Paris he's probably pissed waiting all this time." Dessiah stood rushing out of her office to Detrick. She only hoped he was in a decent mood.

Knocking on his tall wooden door she heard his voice on the other end and let herself in quietly. Detrick stood behind his desk engulfed in a deep conversation. Once he saw her he told the caller they would continue their discussion later and ended the call.

"Hi." Dessiah greeted.

"Hey." Detrick took a seat at his desk. Ruffling through papers and manila folders he avoided eye contact with Dessiah.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yea. I just found that it's going to be more time on the second location and it must be completed before we leave.

"How much longer will it be?"

"Well it didn't meet city inspection and the all the stock hasn't been sent so I think another month or two." Detrick signed documents ignoring Dessiah's frustration.

"What do you mean month or two? Detrick we were supposed to go back to the states next week."

"Like I said another month possibly two. More than likely two months before everything is in order."

"I can't stay here another two months I have a child."

"Well if you want to quit then feel free other than that expect to be here a while!" Detrick started typing on his laptop. Dessiah walked out of the room slamming the door behind her. She'd be damned if she would be staying here another two months. If it meant she would have to work day and night then so be it but home is where she belonged and would be going in no time.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I KNOW I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT IVE BEEN SITTING ON THAT FOR A WHILE I PROMISE TO UPLOAD MORE TODAY! JUT NEEDED YALL TO GET YOUR FIX. DONT WORRY I LOVE YALL SO MUCH. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT MUAH