Giving Up

ALL I'M GONNA SAY IS THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER THUS FAR. THAT'S ALL IMMA SAY. I NEED 100 VOTES AND 125 COMMENTS. I WANT THEM COMMENTS LIT. MUAH

 *DETRICK,DESSIAH,HIS PARENTS IN THE PICTURE

         Dessiah opened her eyes slowly with Detrick eyes being the first thing to meet her sight. She lifted her hands to see the IV in her veins realizing that she was in the hospital.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"You fainted. You were dehydrated from not eating or drinking so we brought you here. The doctor says that you will be fine." Detrick rubbed her hand soothingly.

"When can I leave?"

"The doctor said they would release you probably tomorrow. Lisa packed some clothes for you in case they kept you longer."

"I'm ready to go home now!"

"No. Babe you have to stay a bit longer just for them to monitor you."

"But Detrick I...-"

"Dessiah please, for me just lay down." Dessiah did as she was asked. Detrick handed her a cup of water and assisted her with drinking from the straw. He then pulled the container of food that he had ordered from the nearby Thai restaurant so that she wouldn't have to eat hospital food. Detrick took it upon himself to feed her and oddly enough she allowed him to do just that. They both sat in silence eating. He taking care of her and her being present, in some way took care of him.

///////////////////////////

The next Day

    Dessiah looked out of the window at the trees they had passed and the leaves that had fallen. She tried anything to use her mind to take her away from where she was and how she felt. Every day she was awake was another day that Delaney wasn't next to her. Dessiah was being tortured from her own guilt and confusion.

     Detrick had been driving for a while before Dessiah had realized they still hadn't reached her apartment

     Detrick had been driving for a while before Dessiah had realized they still hadn't reached her apartment. Soon they pulled up to a gate in front of a massive home.

"Where are we?" Dessiah asked and Detrick didn't respond. He punched in a code at the gate and once it opened he proceeded to drive down the long drive way. "Detrick where are we? What is this place?"

"My parents' house." Detrick pulled in front of a massive home. Soon the doors opened and out came A middle aged woman and man smiling to see Detrick in their drive way.

"Detrick I don't want to meet your parents I want to go home. What if my baby comes back? Take me home!"

"De it's been two weeks and she hasn't shown up. Delaney isn't going to just pop up out of thin air. We have to find her."