Falling

*Paris In Pic*

*Bobby Cannivale in pic*

Walking down the hall Detrick felt his heart beating 70 miles per minute. He stopped walking for just a moment to pace himself or he would have passed out. Never had he been so nervous in his entire life, but he knew that it was the right thing to do. Making it to the door he sighed inwardly and knocked on the door. He didn't hear any movement so he knocked again and waited. Sill nothing. Detrick turned to walk away and the door opened.

"Yes." She said softly. Turning around he faced Dessiah and it was as if his breath caught in his throat. Dressed in Tweety bird pajamas top and matching pants. Her hair was disheveled and face a bit swollen as if she had been crying or just woke up. Dessiah couldn't have looked anymore beautiful in his eyes. Seeing her in her natural state made him not want to see her any other way.

Staring silently he searched his thoughts for words to say since he practiced aloud the entire ride over.

"Hi." All that came to mind was a two-letter word.

"Hi." She responded. Wondering if he came personally to fire her. All that she had said came rushing back and yet there was a small amount of regret. Dessiah had come to peace with knowing that if she lost her job at least it was because she stood up for what was right. Her respect. "Can I help you with something?" She asked passing her hands through her hair uncomfortable under his stare.

"Umm... yea... I came to Umm. I came to... No one has ever talked to me the way you did today."

"About that I-"Dessiah tried to speak on her behalf but Detrick held up his hand to silence her.

"I was wrong Dessiah and I came here to apologize. I'm sorry for the things I've said to you and the way I treated you. If you want to quit I understand but I just needed to let you know that I was wrong. You're not useless, in fact you're the best employee I've ever worked with, well other than Paris. Haha." He chuckled. Dessiah's eyes widened at his apology. In no way had she expected this from him.

"I just wanted to say that so I'll let you get back to bed. I hope to see you at work tomorrow." Detrick turned to walk away and then came to a halt at the sound of Dessiah calling his name.

"Detrick. Thanks." He looked at her and faintly smiled over his shoulder. Dessiah went back into her room closing the door behind her. "Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers. I thought it was over. Maybe it's a new beginning."

///////////////////////////////////////////////

A new week and new start for them all. Things moved swiftly and on schedule as could be expected for Aiko Electronics. Dessiah was beyond excited since Lisa and Delaney would be arriving tomorrow. She stayed up late last night preparing for their stay. Dessiah left work early and was now in the supermarket looking for last minute things she needed for them to have. Her cell phone rang in her pocket.

"Hello."

"Hey Dessiah its Paris."

"Hey Paris is do you need me back at the office?" Dessiah asked reaching for Celery.

"Oh no we don't need you back today but I do need something from you." Paris spoke on her headset moving around her desk in between her cabinet and Detrick's office.

"What do you need?"

"Well my Honey bunny is coming into town from the base and we were going to dinner tonight and I would love for you to meet him."

"Oh that would be nice but I think you guys should have that time to yourselves. I don't want to impose and be a third wheel."

"No you won't be the third wheel because he's bringing his Sargent." Paris hoped Dessiah would just show up and be surprised but that idea went out the window.