Don't Let Me Down

*DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE SONG UP ABOVE WHEN ITS SAYS TO. ENJOY*

Don't Let Me Down

Detrick pulled up in front of Dessiah's apartment to a swarm of people and reporters outside. He cautiously made his way up the stairs to her home that was just as full with police taking pictures and looking for clues to explain how a child could just up and disappear. Once in the door he looked through all the unfamiliar faces to find Lisa sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.

"Lisa?" He called out slowly approaching. She looked up and felt a sense of relief knowing that Detrick had made it there to try and make sense of things.

"Detrick. Thanks for coming." She hugged him.

"Where's Dessiah?" He asked.

"She's in the room. She doesn't want to see anybody right now, then again you're not just anybody."

"Is she okay?"

"No. I've never seen her like this before. I mean I've seen her hurt and extremely emotional but not like this. It's almost like something has snapped. She just sits there in a daze."

"Can I see her?"

"Sure. Come on." Lisa led him down the hall to Dessiah's room. Aside from the noisy house, her room was quiet, almost still. Detrick ached at the sight of Dessiah lying on her side facing the window. She hadn't moved even when he entered the room.

"De... Detrick is here to see you." She didn't respond. Lisa looked up at Detrick hopeless. He nodded and she headed out closing the door for them to be alone. Detrick stood at the foot of the bed completely unsure of what to say that could alleviate the overwhelming pain that she was feeling. He slowly walked over to her and she didn't move to acknowledge him. Her gaze was fixed on the dark window with only the brightness from the moon and the police lights highlighting her face. Detrick crawled on the bed behind her and sat up against the headboard. He sighed searching for the words to say but nothing came out. Knowing that there was so much to say and so much that couldn't be said he decided to let music do it for him. It could only help since it seemed to calm her. Pulling out his cellphone and put on Amel Larrieux "Don't Let Me down". *Play song here*

Detrick reached for her hand that laid on her side but she didn't even respond to that gesture. He turned his body to spoon hers and lay quietly with the song playing in the background. With him close her breath became heavy and he took that as an acknowledgement of his presence. His head above hers he whispered into her ear.

"Dessiah I'm here for you Baby. I know your hurting right now and so am I. I promise you with every breath in my body we're going to get our little girl back. I promise we'll find her. I love you De." He gently kissed her head. Dessiah remained motionless with only her breathing and blinking signaling she was alive. Although at this very moment she felt dead inside. Her baby was gone and there was no indication who took her. Was Delaney alive? Was she hurt? Had she eaten? Was she scared? Dessiah felt like maybe she wasn't fit to even be her mother since everything bad she had experienced was while she was in her care. There were no words to express her anger and disappointment. Was someone standing over her with a magnifying glass trying to burn her alive? When was enough, enough? How much must one go through in a lifetime to be considered strong? If this was what it took to build strength then Dessiah would gladly pass. What she would give to just hear Delaney call her mommy again? To hear her goofy laugh or transparent perspective.

"Lord where is my baby? Is she alright?" Dessiah silently prayed for her safety and drifted off to sleep.

3 Hours Later