Live Your Truth

The next day couldn’t come fast enough. Dessiah waited anxiously outside the airport for familiar faces. So many people walked past and she knew that Delaney’s flight landed. Moments later she saw and little body dressed in purple and green Princess Tiana shirt and Skort coming in her direction. Delaneys’ hair was flat ironed with a lavender ribbon pushing it back. Dessiah couldn’t contain herself and began screaming.

“Delaney!! Delaneyyyyy” She screamed running in her direction. When Delaney reconized her voice she ran towards her with her arms completely open.

“Mommy! Mommmyyyyyy!!

“Running into each other’s arms Dessiah picked Delaney up in her arms and started to cry. Words couldn’t express how much she missed her baby. Lisa was right behind her smiling at their reunion. Delaney smothered Dessiah with kisses all over her face.

“Mommy I missed you so much. Did you miss me?”

“Of course I did.”

“Your right, of course you did.” Delaney said smiling. Dessiah put her down and reached for Lisa in the biggest bear hug she could give. Although they were across the world together it felt like home.

“Lisa Hii. I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.  Girl you look good. What type of Japanese water are you drinking?”

“Haha girl it’s that good waterfall water aha.” They shared a laugh and headed to the nearest cab. Placing their luggage in the trunk and headed to their destination. Delaney pulled out of her bag pack a drawing she made for her on the plane.  Dessiah looked over at Lisa taking in Japan from the window.

“Lisa?”

“Yea.”

“Are you okay?”

“Yea I’m fine I’m just excited to be here.” Dessiah knew something was bothering her and she made a mental note to address it once they were alone. Once in her hotel room Delaney raced to the bathroom and Dessiah decided this was the best time to address the tension between them.

“So Lisa what do you think?” Lisa stood by the window looking at the city and just sighed in disbelief. Never did she think she would see something so beautiful. It made her question what she was doing still working at motel 6 when she had a means to experience things like this on a regular basis.

“It’s so beautiful.”

“There’s a kitchen and things to cook. I’ll just put the luggage in the closet and we can unpack later. I’m sure you’re tired.”

“Alright.” There was a silence between them.

“Lis I need to apologize to you. I was wrong for what I said about you not having kids and not understanding my situation. If anyone understands I know it’s you and that was the wrong thing to say. I am so sorry. Do you forgive me?”

“I forgive you but don’t let it happen again. I mean you know I rock with you hard but I was hurt when you said what you did because you know that was my greatest desire. I know I’m not Delaney’s mom but I’ve never treated her any way other than like she were my own.”

“I know.” Dessiah said walking towards her.

“And you know if my husband were still alive I my baby would… be here.”

“I know Lisa I’m so sorry.” Lisa became a bit choked up at the thought of the child she lost when her husband died.”

“Its water under the bridge.”

“I love you.” Dessiah hugged her tightly.

“I love you too. Now you have to tell me everything that’s been going on while you’ve been here.”