When Opportunity knocks

The picture is of Shandon Tiles

Hiiii Babes I loved everyones response to this book. Im uploading the chapters and more shortly. Here is another chapter. Enjoy.

   Dessiah headed down the turnpike towards her office. Almost a year ago she started working at a company as a Janitor for the building where she was subcontracted and missed many pay checks at the hands of a nasty supervisor. He was upset that she wouldn’t go out with him and in return cut her hours. Still unable to get a reaction out of her, he decided withholding her check would be the next big punishment. After prayer and meditation she decided to apply for Simmons & Son directly. God blessed her with an executive assistant position in which she was able to really learn the in’s and outs of the company.

   Making her way through traffic rather quickly she decided to stop at the office cafeteria for coffee. She felt eyes on her but was unsure where they were coming from. Dessiah stood at the counter mixing cream and multiple sugars in her coffee. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jumped at the touch turning around to see her boss’s superior Shandon Tiles. He was a dream for any woman.  His tall stature, clean mustache, flawless skin and baritone voice would be any woman’s kryptonite. He stood in front of her dressed in his tailored Armani suit with what people would consider a serious face. Although Dessiah’s contact with him had been limited, she had never seen him smile. Shandon was a bit rough around the edges and very straight to the point. He never wasted time in voicing his opinion or making demands.  He was known to be a workaholic and an excuse Nazi. Some were often offended by his demeanor, but Dessiah learned to take it with a grain of salt unless he became disrespectful then she would address it somehow.

“Good morning Mr. Tiles.” She said with a nervous smile.

“Good morning Mrs. Hawkins. I need to speak to you in my office today.” He said expressionless.

“Today?” She asked nervously.

“That’s what I said.”

“Well sir, Mr. Sims isn’t going to be in today.” Mr. Sims was her boss and normally when a superior asked to see you, he was really asking to meet with your boss. You just tagged along to take notes.

“I don’t recall asking to see Sims Mrs. Hawkins. Look, I have a meeting that I have to get to so it would be best that you be in my office at 11 o’clock.” He looked down at his watch and then took her coffee off the counter and began drinking it.

“Yes Sir,..” He started to walk away. “Mr. Tiles?” He looked back at her. “Is there something wrong? I mean am I in some sort of trouble?”

“You will be if you are not on time.” He said then walked away. Dessiah stood even more nervous than when he first approached. Her stomach started to make a noise causing her pain. She shot off to the restroom in a panic sick with “bubble guts”. Once finished She rushed to wash her hands and get out of the bathroom or the next entering patron would know the horrible stench came from her.

    Two hours passed and she had made three trips to the restroom already. Sitting at her desk she tried to work through her nerves. Wondering if she had done something wrong or made some type of mistake that would cost her her job. She needed this job and the fear of going back to the situation in which she came out of brought stress. Who wants to be homeless again and sleeping in bathroom stalls? Tears began to fall from her eyes and she silently said a prayer asking God to step in on her behalf and make a way of escape. Like for Mr. Tiles to call and cancel the meeting and all to be forgotten. After praying she went back to typing on her computer when Loni came to her desk. Loni and Dessiah both served as executive assistants for her Boss. Which meant they did all the work while on days like this he wouldn’t even come in to the office,but always got the credit.