"Honestly" Hot Chelle Rae

“Honestly” Hot Chelle Rae

I walked up the front steps and sighed slightly, tired but determined.

Heather must have seen me coming because the door swung open at that exact same time. Her cat-green eyes were wide and accusing. I sighed mentally- again. She pulled me into a hug. “I missed you baby-boo.” Her words were over coated with sugar yet they still had an undertone of anger in them. I’d get Hell later.

Later.

I sighed out loud this time. “Can we talk, Heather?”

“Sure, baby!” She chirped, smiling widely.

I wanted to groan, why exactly had I dated her in the first place? There was nothing remotely interesting about her? Overall, she was a bitch. She liked to twist people around and make them into what she wanted.

But she was pretty, and I guess that was it.

Wow, I’m a douche.

She shut the door behind me and glared slightly, quickly masking it with one of her ‘angelic’ smiles. “Hey, babes.”

Had these nicknames ever been cute? I hoped not. They made me want to puke all over her feet.

She pulled me into the living room. Her fake fingernails dug into the soft skin of my wrist. Her green eyes looked over at me and she offered me another smile before kissing me.

I gently pushed her away, trying to spare her feelings even though she didn’t deserve it. “Um,” I muttered as I shuffled from one foot to the other.

Her green eyes transformed before me. They turned stone edge hard and she scowled. “What’s wrong baby?” Though her words were sweeter than icing, her face was bitter and puckered.

“Ba-” I stopped myself. “Heather,” I tried again. Her eyes seemed to talk to me. They were daring me to do what I was about to do.

This was one of the things I wouldn’t back down on. I would take the bet.

“Spill it babe,” she snapped.

I looked at the ground, realized that was cowardly of me and looked straight up again. Her eyes were definitely intimidating, but I had to do this.

You have to do this Kaleb.

“Heather I think we should take a break.” I said it in one breath and hoped she understood.

She smiled, “No.”

The single word was like a slap to the face. No? What the fuck? You can’t say that when someone breaks up with you, can you? I mean, no? What the hell is that?

“Um,” I sure as hell didn’t know what to say to that.

She smirked, feeling triumphant. “Babes, we’re meant for each other!”

Babes this, babes that. I had a name, why didn’t she bother using it? “It’s Kaleb.” My voice was a mix of tired and coldness.

She stiffened slightly, not expecting me to really retaliate. She had wanted me to sigh, agree and move on.

That’s what we had always done.

She glared slightly and crossed her arms defensively, “Kaleb.” She spat the word as if she were talking to murderer.

“Heather,” I sighed. “It’s over, sorry.” I turned to leave, ready to just get the hell out. Heather and her antics weren’t worth my time anymore.

Her long, red fingernails dug into my shoulder, making me wince. “Look, Kaleb.” Again she spat the word. “We’re meant to be together. We love each other.” Her words were like venom. I knew how she worked though. She expected me to back down, to agree and turn around and apologize. She’d forgive me and we’d move on as if nothing had happened.

But I didn’t want that.

I wanted to be free from a crazy girlfriend.

I shrugged out of her tight grip and turned to her, looking her dead in the eyes. “Look, Heather. We’re over. I don’t love you.” I thought about adding a sorry to the end.

But honestly, I wasn’t sorry.