"Moments" One Direction

Also short. Sorry. :/

Comment. Enjoy.

--------------------------------

“Moments” One Direction

            I snuggled closer to Michael, liking the way his chest rose and fell as he dreamt.

            I let the silent tears fall. This was it. This was the last time I’d ever see him. Tomorrow I’d be someone else’s.

            Michael, as if sensing my thoughts and feelings, woke up and hugged me, burying my head into his bare chest.

            “I love you,” I muttered into his warm body.

            I heard his heartbeat quickened. “I love you too.”

            “I can’t live without you. I don’t want to be married.” I murmured, a sob breaking the stillness of the room.

            “It’s okay,” Michael lied.

            “It’s not. I want to be with you.” I murmured. “Let me be with you.”

            “You’re parents…” Michael said, his voice sounded strained. He was only holding himself together for me.

            “My parents.” I said, that was the only reason. Nothing else mattered except Michael though, but to disappoint my parents… I would never. I wasn’t brave enough.

            “I love you, Michael.” I said.

            “I love you too.” He said again.

            “I don’t want to be the perfect Indian daughter. I don’t want to marry the perfect Indian man. I want to be yours Michael- only yours.”

            “I know baby. But, right now…” Michael had nothing to say, no reassuring words to calm the tears or the thoughts.

            I snuggled closer to him; outside the window the neon lights glowed casting eerie shadows through the blinds. I stared off into space, letting the tears stop and just trying to hold on to the moment.

            I needed Michael.

            I snuggled closer to him. He protected me; he made everything seem okay- usually. But today was different; today was the last day I’d be without him and be allowed to calm myself his.

            “I don’t want to marry him. I want to marry you, Michael.” I whispered.

            “I wish I could marry you.” Michael said; his voice cracked. He was crying. “But you… you’re scared…”

            “I need to be with you.” I said; trying to gather all the courage I had. “I need to be with you forever, Michael. I love you.”

            “Then marry me.” Michael said, his voice filled with a shadow of hope.

            “Let’s do it right now. Let’s get married.” I said; my voice was weak.

            Michael looked at me; his hazel eyes filled my vision and made me feel out of place. He took my face and pressed his lips lightly against mine. “I love you.”