"Taken" One Direction

So this is short. Not my best (in my opinion).

Comment. Enjoy.

--------------------------------

“Taken” One Direction

            I climbed over him and hurried to slip on my dress. My fingers were shaking as were my hands. I slipped on my shoes and gave one last glance to John. He looked peaceful sleeping; his clothes thrown randomly around the room. He rolled over, his arm falling where I had been just minutes ago.

            I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to wash away all the guilt and remorse I felt at the moment.

            I tip-toed over to John and kissed his forehead lightly, “I love you.” My words were a whisper; my eyes stung.

            I hurried to get out of there.

*

            I walked into class and set my stuff down. I sat there, taking deep breaths. “Hey, baby.” I looked up to see Matt standing over me, a smile on his face.

            “Hey Matt.” I breathed, guilt overtaking me.

            “How was the weekend?” He asked, still smiling.

            How could I do that to him? “Um, great.”

            Matt smiled and nodded, setting his stuff down next to his seat. He walked to the front of the room to give the teacher his absent slip and they started talking about the work he had missed.

            John walked in; his green eyes met mine for a split second before quickly looking away and walking to his seat.

            He passed by me, dropping a piece of paper on my desk nonchalantly.

            I swallowed and took it- clutching it in my hand.

            I looked at Matt. His dark hair fell over his face, his heavy eyebrows were scrunched in confusion, and he was biting his lip- thinking. He nodded to the teacher, understanding what she was saying. His blue long-sleeve shirt hugged his tall frame smoothly. He looked so innocent, like a kid.

            That’s why I had decided to be with him. He was a genuine person. He made me forget. But last night… last night I had remembered.

            I glanced at the wrinkled piece of paper that was in between my clammy hands set on my lap. I opened it: Last night was a mistake- you’re with Matt.

            I glanced behind me at John.

            ‘Was it?’ I mouthed to him. I knew the answer. It was.

            He nodded, looking over at Matt who was returning to his seat.

            Love Matt, love him, Kathy. He loves you- he deserves to be loved. Forget John. Forget anything ever happened. You love Matt.

            “Everything okay?” Matt asked me, looking at me with worry in his pretty chocolate brown eyes.

            I nodded, “Course.”

            But I preferred green eyes.

            He nodded, “Kay.”

            The teacher stood up when the bell rang, “Get out your books.”

            We did, and I glanced at John; he was staring intently at me. His green eyes were in pain. I had caused him that pain.

            I glanced at Matt and he smiled at me. How could I be so evil? I was a monster.

            ‘I love you,’ he mouthed, shooting me the biggest smile possible. He looked so cute, so innocent… he didn’t deserve a heartless bitch like me for a girlfriend.

            ‘I cheated on you,’ I mouthed.