"Must Have Done Something Right" Relient K

It's short. I just have been feeling rather un-inspired recently, so it's nice that this even inspired me at all. :) Anyways, enjoy.

----------------------------------

“Must Have Done Something Right” Relient K

            I knew I screw up- big time.

            So in my head, I had to do something twice as big and a lot better to gain forgiveness. And damn, did I want that forgiveness. I can’t remember ever wanting something so much.

            I just hoped that Jamie could forgive me. I needed his forgiveness.

            I strolled up to his house; the rocks in my pocket suddenly seemed to weigh a ton. This was bad idea. This was stupid.

            I turned around, feeling my stomach drop at the thought of not earning forgiveness. But the idea was stupid and he’d hate my guts and… The lights had just turned on and now Jamie’s voice was calling to me, “Derek?”

            Shit. “Uh, hey?” I tried to smile, turning to him.

            “Hi,” Jamie whispered, suddenly speaking to his feet.

            I groaned inwardly, not being able to look at his eyes was terrible. I loved his eyes. I shoved one of my hands into my pocket with the rocks; the other hand gripped my guitar case tighter.

            We stood there awkwardly, avoiding each other.

            “So, uh, what are you doing?” Jamie asked, his voice was mildly curious. He didn’t sound mad, and for that I was grateful.

            “I’m uh…” Think of a good lie, Derek. Quick! “Gonna serenade you?” Shit. That was the fucking truth, idiot.

            “Oh,” Jamie shifted uncomfortably.

            “I, uh-”

            “You don’t have to do that,” Jamie’s words were soft, but they floated around me. “Do you wanna come in? It’s kind of cold out here.” For the first time I realized that Jamie was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a white t-shirt. I nodded quickly, wanting him to get out of the cold and into the warm house.

            “Are your parents home?” I asked, looking around warily. His parents weren’t exactly fond of me.

            “No,” Jamie shrugged and started heading upstairs. “You coming?” He called when he realized I wasn’t following him. I looked around one last time before following him upstairs and to his room. He sat on his bed, his knees brought up to his chin, and his arms wrapped around his legs. “What did you really want?”

            “Apart from making a complete fool of myself?” I asked, chuckling lightly.

            Jamie smiled slightly, “Yes, apart from that.”

            Letting the guitar on the floor, I sat on the bed and glanced at Jamie. “I came to apologize…” I glanced at Jamie who looked like he was about to cry. I crawled over, not sure if I was overstepping any boundaries. “I’m really sorry, Jamie.”

            He nodded his head, a little tear slipping his bright blue eyes.

            I leaned in and brushed my lips against his. “I’m really sorry.” I needed him to not only hear the words, but he had to feel them too.