"Ocean Avenue" Yellowcard

Thank you so much for reading. :)

------------------------

“Ocean Avenue” Yellowcard

 My heart was beating faster with every breath. The moment seemed to perfect to be true. I knew there wasn’t a thing called perfection, it wasn’t real, but at that moment I begged to differ. It was so perfect in every single way.

 His warmth seemed to radiate around him and he pulled me closer. Despite the fact that the rain seemed to fall around us, everything was too perfect.

I ran my hand through the damp sand and looked over at him, “Brandon.”

“Lillith?” He shot me a dazzling smile.

Instead of saying I preferred Lily, I hugged him again, “I missed you.”

Brandon sighed through his nose, “I missed you too, Lillith.”

I nodded, liking the way I felt safe in his embrace. “Brandon.” I said after a while.

“Hmm?” He asked looking out into the calm sea, the waves gently rolling in.

“Nothing, I just like saying you’re name.” I looked up to see his green eyes roll back teasingly. I pushed him away, “C’mon, Brandon. Don’t you like saying my name?”

He nodded, “That’s why I call you Lillith.”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t like Lillith.”

“But Lily is just too… it’s not you.” Brandon finished, standing up.

“Where are you going?” I asked, looking up.

He ran a hand through his cropped brown hair and looked away into the ocean, “Work.”

“Work?” I asked. “Why?” I wanted to spend more time with him not just fifteen minutes.

He sighed and avoided my eyes, “I just… I have to work.”

I nodded, and stood up. I wrapped my hands against his thin waist and murmured into his chest, “Care to take a walk first?”

Brandon glanced down at me and looked away, “Lillith, I have to work.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “I know, it’s just…” And here I go, sounding like a whiny seventeen year old teen girl. “I missed you.”

He hugged me back, but I could tell he was halfway gone, “I know, Lillith, I just… I have to work. It’s something we adults do.”

I tried to smile but it came out twisted and distorted; the last part had been a shot at lightening the conversation, instead it had made me realize how terrible everything was. Brandon and I were in two completely different parts of life.

He tilted my head up, “Everything okay, Lillith?”

I nodded quickly, “Course.” Lies, all lies.

He studied my face a bit more and played with the zipper on his jacket. He nudged his toe into the sand, “I guess.” I looked up at him, not understanding what he had just said. I guess my confusion was clearly stated on my face, for he added, “We can go on a walk, Lillith; if you’d like.”

I nodded hurriedly, trying to take in as much time with Brandon as I possibly could. I wanted his warmth and his presence; hell, it felt like I needed his warmth and his presence.

“Brandon.”

“Hm?” He asked, he seemed to be deep in thought, I needed him to stop thinking. He needed to just feel.

“I just like saying your name.”

“Lillith.” He said. I didn’t answer, knowing he was mocking me. “Lillith?”

I looked up and scowled playfully, “Yes, Brandon?”

“I missed you.”