"Made of Glass" Trapt

Considering this is one of my older ones, I really like it.  Thanks for reading.

-------------

"Made of Glass" Trapt

I wanted to hold the delicate figurine in my hand. Wanted to pick it up and caress it all over the smooth-looking surface. I wanted it to belong to me. I knew there was a museum all around me, with tourists staring at some of the most amazing paintings I had ever seen and ever will see. But the figurine of the woman captivated me. She reminded me so much of Jessica, my ex-girlfriend. The figure's long and transparent hair The way her eyes were glazed. Her serene smile. I missed Jessica deeply.

Without realizing it I picked up the glass statue and started walking, slowly yet with purpose. The beautiful glass woman belonged in my home. Where she could be admired and loved everyday.

I walked out into the cold November air, it bit at my skin. I wrapped my coat tightly around me. My blue eyes looked around for a taxi. But the street was desolate. Completely alone. I bit my lip, thinking. My apartment was too far to walk, and I hated taking the bus...

Suddenly I saw Jessica exiting the café nearby. She was in the hands of another man. Of her husband... they had been married for ten years, long before me and Jessica had first gone out. I dropped the beautiful glass woman and walked away.

I had decided I was going to walk home.