"Teenage Dream" Glee Version

Hey, so if you're reading, thanks. :)

---------------------------

“Teenage Dream” Glee Version

“Marcus,” Zachary waved a hand in front of my face. “Oh, Marcus, baby…”

I gave him a look. “I can hear you Zachary. I’m choosing to ignore you.”

“You’re not so good at it.” Zachary smirked and I glared. “So, as I was saying before you so politely zoned off.” I shot him a look and his smile grew. “Seriously, Marcus, what’s with you? Who made the love bug bite you?” He started signing his own song. It made no sense.

“Zachary, you’re the man of my dreams.” I said sarcastically.

“Oh, Marcus.” Zachary said, taking my hand and swinging it back and forth before releasing it. “Seriously.”

His tone was serious. Zachary read me too easily.

I shrugged, “I dunno.”

“Yes you do.” He contradicted.

“Please just stop.” I sighed.

“This isn’t over, Marcus.” Zachary said, giving me one last look.

After school, Zachary and I walked together. We lived in the same neighborhood, so we usually walked together. Zachary kept giving me looks and I knew he wanted to say something.

“Just say it, Zachary.” I snapped.

He held his hands defensively, and gave me a smile, “Dude, please, who is it?”

“Why do you want to know so badly?” I murmured.

“I know who it is.” He gave me a smile.

“Liar.” I said, my heart started beating faster.

“I thought about it. I thought and thought. I realized who it was. I want to hear you say it. Say it, Marcus.” Zachary’s smile was scary. “Say you love her.”

“I don’t love her.” I snapped.

“Marcus, I see the way you look at her. As if studying her; wondering why her. I see you, it’s love my man.” Zachary teased slightly.

“Just, shut up.” I murmured.

“You love her.” Zachary said.

“Please, just shut up.” I muttered. “I don’t love her… I like her as a person. Nothing more.”

“Yeah, and I like to just look at bacon.” Zachary’s voice was starting to be annoying. “You’re telling me you don’t want to touch her smooth skin? Or to kiss her lips? You’re telling me she doesn’t pop into your thoughts at random times, when you least need it or expect it? You’re telling me that you imagine your future and she’s not in it?”

“Yes.” I lied.

“I’m not stupid, Marcus.” Zachary said, pushing me on to the street.

I regained my balance, and gave him a look, “I never said you were Zachary.”

“But you lied and expected me to believe it.” Zachary said.

I blinked once, trying to show me he didn’t faze me.

“C’mon just admit it. She’s pretty enough… she’s smart enough… She’s going somewhere, unlike us losers. Ask her out.” Zachary urged.

“I don’t like her.” I lied through my teeth. Why couldn’t Zachary just drop it?

“Fine, then. Now that I think about it…. Maybe I’ll go for it. She’s cute enough. Hump and dump, but still.”

I shot him daggers. “Zachary…”

“It wouldn’t bug you, would it Marcus? Of course not, you don’t like her.” Zachary said.

“Drop it, Zachary.” I snapped.

“Make me. Tell me you like her.” He said.

“Wanna know what?” I snapped.

Zachary smirked, “What?”

“You’re an asshole. So what, if I think about her all the time? If I wish I could kiss her lips and touch her? If I wish I could touch her hair? If I only want to hug her? So what, if I love her smile, and before I go to sleep I try to think of ways to make her smile? So fucking what?”

Zachary smiled, “First step is admitting you have a problem.”

“You have problems.” I snapped angrily. I didn’t want to face the fact that I was feeling something for a girl. The last time I had felt something was in the fifth grade. I didn’t want to fall for a girl right before I went off for the military.

Too late.