"867-4309 (Jenny)" Tommy Tutone

“867-5309 (Jenny)” Tommy Tutone

Rosemary trudged home in the snow. Her eyes were letting stupid tears fall. “Stupid tears.” she muttered as she angrily wiped some away. She kicked the snow out of her path. Today was her two year anniversary but her boyfriend, Terrence, hadn’t been to school all week. Life seemed like a drag without him. She walked inside angrily. She had done everything angrily all week. She had to take care of her two little monsters who some referred to as her sister, Jenny and Mariana. She walked inside and saw the twins playing with a puzzle. Stomping her way into the kitchen and cutting a grapefruit, with a frown on her face, she huffed, “Twins having a better day. It’s my anniversary.”

“I know, babe.” a deep voice said. Startled, Rosemary turned around. She smiled at Terrence’s buff figure. A guitar was strung around him. He started strumming it, “Hey.” he sang softly. “Rosie, Rosie, who can I turn to? You give me something I can hold onto.”

Before he could sing farther, Jenny came in followed by Mariana. “Terrence, you’re wrong!” Jenny smiled proudly. Mariana headed to the radio and switched through the songs on the CD until the one they were looking for came up. Tommy Heath’s voice filled their small kitchen. “Hey! Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to? You give me something I can hold onto.” Jenny and Mariana started singing obnoxiously, while they danced around the kitchen. Terrence set his guitar against the wall and headed over to Rosemary, “May I have this dance?” he asked, holding out his hand. She took it and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Always.” she said.

Terrence started singing along with Tommy Heath and the twins. Except for Jenny he used Rosie which made Rosemary blush every single time. And for 867-5309 he used Rosemary’s phone, although at times he stumbled most of the time he got it right. He seemed at ease though as he spun her around the kitchen. He didn’t exclude the twins, and danced with them, spinning them in the air as they giggled. They felt like princess’s.

A princess.

That’s how Rosemary felt when she was next to Terrence. Like a princess. She guessed that’s how being in love felt like. As she joined in on the obnoxious singing she thought she’d like to feel this way for the rest of her life. As if reading her mind, Terrence turned to her and mouthed, ‘Happy Two Years’.

Rosemary’s face broke out into that much needed smile. “You too. I love you.”

“I love you.” Terrence said. He pecked her on the lips. Though the kiss lasted a whole three seconds, Rosemary knew it was some of the best seconds of her entire seventeen years alive