Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"

Later that evening...

Dessiah sat wide awake looking at the blueprint of the location and notes listed on things needed to be fixed to pass inspection. She was prepared to hire a new team of contractors to have everything corrected. Since essential things were missed the first time. Her chat came up and it was an unknown user name.

Dessiah: Can I help you?

Unknownuser: Is this Dessiah Hawkins?

Dessiah: Can I help you?

Unknownuser:Is this her?

Dessiah: Yes.

Unknownuser: Whew! I've been looking for you young lady. This is Willie Roberts. Your grandmother's lawyer.

Dessiah: Oh my! Hello Mr. Roberts. How are you doing? It's been a long time.

Uknownuser: I'm fine now that I found you. I've been looking for you for a couple years. Finally had to hire someone to track you down.

Dessiah panicked wondering what was so urgent for him to find her.

Unknownuser: It's about your grandmother's estate.

Suddenly guilt had fallen over her body remembering the limitless trust she had in her husband. Guilt and shame took over her emotions. Now sitting here she would have to explain to a man who knew her since childhood and with whom her grandmother trusted, that she lost everything left to her. Losing everything is one thing but it's another all together when it's stolen from a man that your grandmother warned you about.

Dessiah: Oh yes! You must have heard that I lost everything. I'm okay though.

Unknownuser: No I didn't know anything about that. I had been to your house but a woman answered and said you didn't live there. I thought maybe you had moved and were renting it out. I know surely you wouldn't sell your grandmother's home.

Dessiah: I didn't rent it out. It was stolen from me.

Unknownuser: Come again?

Dessiah: My husband stole it from me.

Unknownuser: How? It's not mobile. You can't just pick it up and go.

Dessiah: When Gram died I was a mess so I let him handle everything with her estate. After you released everything to me I let him take care of it. I didn't know what I was signing. Little did I know it was my life away.

Unknownuser: That spawn of Satan.

Dessiah: Yea but it's my fault. Gram warned me about him when we married but I didn't listen so now these are the consequences. We were homeless for a while but God worked it out.

Unknownuser: That's not your fault darlin' to trust your husband. That's what you're supposed to do. Why didn't you come to me?

Dessiah: I guess because I was ashamed. Like I let you and Gram down. All that money she spent her whole life saving. That house meant a lot to her too.

Unknownuser: It didn't mean more to her than you did. Nothing did.

Dessiah: But what were you trying to find me for?

Dessiah attempted to change the subject feeling herself breaking inside. Through this time she had used all she had to look at what she gained instead of the things she had lost.

Unknownuser: I had come across three more policies.

Dessiah: Policies?

Unknownuser: For your grandmother. About a year after she died I was contacted to have you claim the funds for these policies.