Chapter 46

Grayson's P.O.V
*one month later*

Bailey has been doin alot better. The crying stopped. Anyway. It's Wish Week this week.

Wish Week happens every year around this time. It's where we take one kid from the Make A Wish Foundation and spend an entire week raising as much money as we can to make their wish come true. On the first day of the week, we learn about our Wish kid. On Friday we meet them.

This year our Wish kids name is Marlee. She is a 9 year old girl who has Leukemia. She loves Sour Patch Kids, enjoys playing soccer, and her favorite color is green.

On Monday we figured out what her wish is. Her wish is to raise money and build as many build a bears as she can and give them out to kids in hospitals just like her.

"Gray. Help me with the bracelets." Bailey said to me when we got to lunch.

Bailey was raising money for Marlee by making these bracelets and selling them to people for a dollar. If they wanted more than one, it would be an extra 25 cents.

"Need an extra hand guys?" Ethan asked as him and Nate sat down.

"Yeah. Thanks guys." Bailey said to them.

We raised a good $30 for the first day. Which was great. We still had the rest of the week to go. So we could not wait to raise even more money for Marlee.

-----
Bailey's P.O.V

The end of the week rolled around. The guys and I made over a hundred dollars from the bracelets. We were even giving one to Marlee today. We call it the Marlee bracelet. It's all green.

Once everyone got into the gym, the assembly started and we met Marlee.

"Well Marlee. We have another special thing for you. These 4 have been raising money all week by selling bracelets. They called it project Marlee." Mrs. Jaffy said into the mic.

"We even made a special bracelet that is named after you. We call it the Marlee bracelet and it is all green. So here is your very own Marlee bracelet." I said kneeling down and giving it to her.

She said thank you and hugged me.

"Thats not all though. We raised over one hundred dollars just for you by selling these bracelets." Grayson then said to her.

Everyone cheered as we each gave her a hug. Seeing the guys hug her made me smile.

Once everyone else went back to class, the four of us stuck around and hung with Marlee. Which was fine by me because I still did not want to go to fifth after what happened.

"You guys should get to class." Jaffy said to us.

"Um. Our fifth period was with Herman. And I've been kinda sensitive about going to his class since what happened." I said to her.

"Sorry to hear that. You guys can hang here then." She said understanding that it really was still hard for me.

Marlee was so adorable. I was so glad that the guys and I got to spend time with Marlee. She is so energetic and cute. She seemed to really like me and the guys. Her and Ethan seemed to get along way well. Which was adorable to see.

*****

I'm currently at my new job training. My school also actually does something like this and it is called Wish Week. It's alot of fun.